Reflect on 19th and 20th century nurses and events discussed this week. Which nurse or event from that time period will best guide your current professional nursing practice? Why?
This reflection enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO2: Apply lessons from nursing history to today’s professional nursing practice. (PO4)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed. In reflections students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection
Lillian Wald is the twentieth-century nurse I picked to highlight because she has influenced my work practice. Lillian sounds like a great nurse who was involved in a variety of projects, based on what I’ve read about her. She is credited with founding public community nursing, The Henry Street Settlement, and the post of school nurse, which was created to care for children while they were at school and to avoid infectious diseases… Click the purchase button below to get the complete answer for NR 393 Week 6 at $5.