Healthcare policies impact all populations. Now, with the use of social media, policies involvement and awareness are rising.
- Take a moment to review the Twitter feed for compelling Tweets that are related to healthcare policy and are directly impacting your community or those you care for.
- Give an overview of a policy or potential policy. Include how it could impact your community or those you care for positively negatively.
- Next, discuss the importance that interdisciplinary collaboration would have related to the policy.
- Then, identify any ethical concerns it raises for you and why.
- Compose a 280-character or fewer Tweet that describes what you have shared with the class. Remember Twitter only allows 280 characters (this include spaces, etc.) so you will need to be concise. It should include a hashtag. Include a reference URL if applicable. Share this Tweet in the discussion. (Note: A Twitter account is not required).
- Your discussion post should look like:
- Paragraph one: overview of the policy or potential policy. Include how it could impact your community or those you care for positively negatively.
- Paragraph two: Discuss the importance that interdisciplinary collaboration would have related to the policy.
- Paragraph three: Identify any ethical concerns it raises for you and why
- Paragraph four: Compose a Tweet that describes what you have shared with the class.
- Resources: Where did you find your data?
- Example Tweet: Medications should be affordable. #pharmaceuticaltransparency #nursesunit #advocate https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/cms-takes-action-lower-prescription-drug-prices-and-increase-transparency
The purpose of this discussion is for learners to discuss how healthcare policies impact population health.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO5 Utilize a collaborative approach to address factors that influence population health (PO2)
CO6 Examine collaborative trends in community health nursing (PO2)
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, one healthcare measure that has been gaining traction in New York is the requirement of wearing facemasks. All persons above the age of two who can medically tolerate a face covering must wear a mask in public if they are unable to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others, according to New York state law (NYC Health, 2021). This policy has a good consequence in that it aids in the fight against Covid-19. Facemasks are critical for preventing the spread of Covid-19 and thereby protecting the patient population from the related complications, which include death. Facemasks protect the wearer by reducing their exposure to virus-infected respiratory…..
Click the purchase button below to get the answer for NR 443 Week 5 at $5