Now that each one of you is very close to completing this major accomplishment in your nursing career, please share your professional development plans to keep up to date in your chosen specialty and nursing in general.
- In what professional nursing organizations do you currently participate?
- What organizations might you think about participating in for the future?
- What nursing certifications are you considering?
- How might consideration of continuing your education to pursue a graduate degree fit into your future plans?
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
I have been a member of both the American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses, ASPAN, and the Perianesthesia Nurses Association of California, PANAC, during the most of my career in perianesthesia nursing. Almost every area of nursing practice will have a professional nursing specialty organization that will help nurses working in that field. I believe that joining a professional nursing specialty group in one’s practice area is incredibly significant, valuable, and advantageous. Joining ASPAN and PANAC was one of the best moves I’ve ever made in my professional nursing career. As a member of ASPAN and PANAC, I have access to and significant discounts on educational offerings specifically designed to support perianesthesia nursing practice on a state and national level, scholarships to help me pursue my advanced degree in nursing.
..Click the purchase button below to get the complete answer for NR 451 Week 8 at $5