The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Informatics and Surveillance website contains a number of resources nurses could innovatively incorporate in care delivery. The CDC Wonder site could be utilized by nurses in a number of ways. https://wonder.cdc.gov/ (Links to an external site.)
For this discussion you will:
- Identify one of the resources at the CDC Wonder site above and describe how a nurse might use this information in practice.
- How might nurses utilizing telehealth benefit from these resources?
- Address what you find innovative about the link.
- Feel free to share some of your nursing innovation ideas!
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s WONDER, or Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research, contains a wealth of information resources that healthcare providers, including nurses, can use in their practice. As a result, CDC WONDER helps the CDC achieve its objective of promoting health and preventing disease by providing public health information (CDC, 2019).
Nursing focuses on protecting, promoting, and optimizing health and quality of life, as well as preventing or resolving disease, illness, or disability, in accordance with this objective (ANA, 2019). As a result, the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System is one of the resources at the CDC WONDER site that I may use creatively as evidence for research and practice adjustments as a nurse.
..Click the purchase button below to get the complete answer for NR 451 Week 7 at $5