View the National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services Standards (CLAS) categories aimed at equity and quality care (HHS, n.d.). Notice how these standards overlap with many of the expectations and standards in professional nursing practice!
- In what ways are you and your peers using these standards in your areas of nursing practice?
- Discuss one nursing action you might incorporate to improve cultural competence in your organization.
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
It is fundamental to provide culturally competent care in order to deliver safe, patient-centered, courteous, and high-quality nursing care. The National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services Standards (CLAS) are the basic beliefs and guiding principles that our facility’s nurses employ to deliver culturally equitable, high-quality care to a diverse population. In order to effectively offer equitable quality care, CLAS’s primary criteria emphasizes the significance of understanding and respecting “different cultural health beliefs and practices, preferred languages, health literacy, and other communication needs” (Department of Health and Human Services, n.d……Click the purchase button below to get the complete answer for NR 451 Week 4 at $5.