Week 6 Discussion Assignment – 30 points total
I. Original Message (15 pts) Post a brief (approx. 250 word) message addressing one of the following questions. Be sure to use information and examples from the readings:
1. Radical conformists? Although the 1950’s is often portrayed as a time of “getting back to tradition” and a period of intense pressure to conform to mainstream expectations, the Fifties are also a period of radical change and challenges to the status quo, even among people who are trying to fit in. In what ways are the 1950’s a period of fundamental social, political, or cultural change in U.S. history? What aspects of life in the 1950’s are unprecedented? Another way to think of it: how was life in the Fifties very different from life in, say, the 1920’s or 1930’s? [You may have noticed this is a recurring theme in this course.
2. “War is politics by other means.” How did the U.S. role in international events such as the Cold War have an effect on people back home in the United States? For example, how did the Cold War influence domestic politics and not just foreign policy? Meanwhile, how did the Cold War change the U.S.’s relationship to the rest of the world?
II. Response on other question (15 pts) In addition, post a short (4-6 sentence) response to someone else’s message about the OTHER question, the one you did not answer.
The United States’ daily lives, as well as domestic and global politics, were drastically altered as a result of the Cold War. During the Cuban missile crisis, individuals in the United States feared a nuclear war between the Soviet Union and the United States. As a result, bomb shelters became a common and necessary room in every home. The missile threat also altered school/work environments; fallout exercises were commonplace, and people braced for the worst. Politics in the United States changed when politicians ran for office on the promise of defeating communism and everything it stands for…Click below to purchase the full answer at $5
You May Also Like This:
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA7
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA5
- (Answered) Hist &148 D1 10605 Discussion 4 explain how FDR’s individual experience may have affected Roosevelt’s approach to politics, government, or leadership.
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA10 what parts of conservatism were “traditional” in the sense of going back before the 1960’s, and what parts were very much products of the late twentieth century?
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA1 discussion 2 2. In what ways were Americans back home drawn into the global conflict, and what were the effects of the war on the home front? Explain how the war was not simply a faraway event for people in the United States.
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA8
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA9 In other words, what events or developments of the 1970’s created a kind of anxiety that many Americans have wanted to forget?
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA1 discussion 3 Describe some of the ways that American society was undergoing significant changes in the 1920’s, making the country very different than it was before World War I. In what ways did the 1920’s create a “modern” society much more similar to ours in the early 21st century? On the other hand, in what ways could it be premature to call the 1920’s “modern like us”?
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 discussion 4 Summarize what Polenberg says about the “paradox” of Franklin Roosevelt, in terms of FDR being a very controversial figure during his Presidency.
- (Answered) WEEK 2 Community Health Discussion Question: Discuss the concept of life review. What are the goals and benefits of a life review?
- (Answered) BUSI 20 Quiz What is the willingness and ability of producers to offer a good for sale referred to
- (Answered) Assignment Community health week 2 Identify an older adult age 65 +, use a 1st and last initial. Execute a therapeutic assessment interview
- (Answered) Homework 3: Weather and Atmosphere
- (Answered): Orlando’s theory ppt
- (Answered) Informatics on healthcare. Week 7 From your reading of the textbook, identify a success attributed
- (Answered) Homework 8: Weather and Atmosphere
- (Answered) Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 Homework 5
- (Answered) NR 505NP week 4 collaboration cafe
- (Answered:) Assignment week 7 How would the nurse actualize Parse’s theory of Human Becoming?
- (Answered) NR 506 NP Week 8
- (Answered) Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 Homework 11
- (Answered) CIS450 assignment week 2
- (Answered) NR 393 Week 5 Discussion: Evidence-Based Practice Changes (Graded)
- (Answered) NR 500 NP Week 1 discussion -The Value of a Master’s-Prepared Nurse
- (Answered) NR 505NP week 6 discussion
- (Answered): NR 500 NP Week 5: Systems Theory and Practice Issues
- (Answered): NR 500 NP Week 7: Incivility and Healthful Environments
- (Answered) Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 Homework 16
- (Answered) NR 505 NP week 2 Collaboration Cafe
- (Answered) NR 500 NP Week 3 discussion: Person-Centred Care