Week 4 Discussion Assignment – 30 points total
I. Original Message (15 pts) Post a brief (approx. 250 word) message addressing one of the following questions. Be sure to use information and examples from the textbook:
1. Is biography destiny? Based on Polenberg’s very short summary of Franklin Roosevelt’s background before becoming President, explain how FDR’s individual experience may have affected his approach to politics, government, or leadership. How might his individual history have shaped the New Deal or his perspective on the Great Depression? For example: his family background, health issues, his earlier political experience, etc. How well did his background foreshadow or predict what he would be like as President?
II. Response on other question (15 pts) In addition, post a short (4-6 sentence) response to someone else’s message about the OTHER question, the one you did not answer.
His privileged upbringing, his mother’s hands-on parenting, and his physical ailments were all notable events and characteristics of Franklin D. Roosevelt’s personal history that could have influenced his approach to politics. The combination of Roosevelt’s privileged childhood and his mother’s parenting style created an environment of support, love, and affection for Roosevelt from a young age. I believe this influenced some of the values he held throughout his political career (such as those of family, community, and societal contributions for the benefit of society as a whole rather than an individual). For instance, in this week’s reading from The Era of Franklin D. Roosevelt 1933-1945 by Richard E….Click below to purchase the full answer at $5
You May Also Like This:
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 discussion 4 Summarize what Polenberg says about the “paradox” of Franklin Roosevelt, in terms of FDR being a very controversial figure during his Presidency.
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA1 discussion 2 2. In what ways were Americans back home drawn into the global conflict, and what were the effects of the war on the home front? Explain how the war was not simply a faraway event for people in the United States.
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA6
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA5
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA10 what parts of conservatism were “traditional” in the sense of going back before the 1960’s, and what parts were very much products of the late twentieth century?
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA9 In other words, what events or developments of the 1970’s created a kind of anxiety that many Americans have wanted to forget?
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA8
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA7
- (Answered) HIST&148 D1 10605 DA1 discussion 3 Describe some of the ways that American society was undergoing significant changes in the 1920’s, making the country very different than it was before World War I. In what ways did the 1920’s create a “modern” society much more similar to ours in the early 21st century? On the other hand, in what ways could it be premature to call the 1920’s “modern like us”?
- (Answered) NR 447 Week 1 Discussion: Reflection on Leadership Self-Assessment (Graded)
- (Answered) NR 393 Week 1 Discussion: Reflection on Leadership and Provision of Care (Graded)
- (Answered) NR 451 Week 6 Discussion: Transformational Leadership (graded)
- (Answered) NR 505NP week 6 discussion
- (Answered) NR 500 NP Week 1 discussion -The Value of a Master’s-Prepared Nurse
- (Answered) NR 500 NP Week 3 discussion: Person-Centred Care
- (Answered) NR 506 NP Week 2 Discussion
- (Answered)- NR 506 NP Week 5 Discussion
- (Answered) NR 443 Week 1 Discussion: Social Factors (Graded)
- (Answered): Neuman systems model discussion
- (Answered)-Discussion Question Henderson
- (Answered) Healthcare informatics Week 5 discussion Chapter readings discussed both discovery and predictive techniques for data mining.
- (Answered) NR 443 Week 3 Social Media Discussion: Population Health Problems
- (Answered) CIS450 discussion week 2
- (Answered) NR 451 Week 1 Discussion: Our Care Culture (graded)
- (Answered) CIS450 discussion week 3
- (Answered) Discussion week 7 Health Informatics Think of an issue in your home or workplaces that you would
- (Answered) discussion week 1 CIS450
- (Answered) NR 443 Week 7 Discussion: Communities and Disaster Preparedness
- (Answered) NR 451 Week 7 Discussion: CDC Wonder (graded)
- (Answered) NR 443 Week 5 Social Media Discussion: Healthcare Policies and Population Health (Graded)