Identify an older adult age 65 +, use a 1st and last initial. Execute a therapeutic assessment interview with them for at least two interview sessions assessing their self-identified:
- Demographics, life time education and career/employment
- Two most significant (positive) times in their lives
- What past hardship or loss has the client successfully negotiated in the past?
- Two personal strengths
- Engage them in identifying what is healthy versus non-healthy coping skills
- Inquire of 2 healthy coping skills they have used in the past and/or now
- Three (3) pieces of advice they would give to their younger self if they could?
- Support the client in taking the Geriatric Depression Scale.pdf
- Support the client in taking the Fulmer SPICES Assessment.pdf
- Perform a Mini Mental State Exam.pdfand pdf (attach here)
- Perform a Hall, Hall, and Chapman Article.pdf
- Report the findings from the Geriatric Depression Scale, Fulmer Spices, Patient stress questionnaire and the mini mental status exam
- Discuss your older adult’s level of ego integrity vs. despair as described by psychoanalyst Erik Erikson. If you had to rate them on a scale of 1-10, with 1 representing a full state of despair and 10 representing full ego integrity, what rating would you give your older adult?
- Describe at least two nursing diagnoses for this client.
- Create a plan of care for the client to include at least three nursing goals with two nursing interventions each.
The assignment should be written in an APA-formatted essay. The essay should be at least 1500 words in length and include at least two scholarly sources other than provided materials.
Record the time you spend interviewing the client and writing the assessment report as practice time in your Project Hour log under geriatric assessment. It is expected to take you between two and four hours.
The elderly commonly referred to as senior citizens are people at the age of sixty-five years and above. In America, about 14.5 percent of the total population are senior citizens (Kane, et.al 2015). However, only a few are the United States military veterans due to numerous challenges the ex-navy and army face to transit back to civilian life. Mr. Steven J.M a resident of Colorado is among the people who chose to contribute to the society by putting their lives on the line for their country. Steven was born on 17 March 1948 in a middle-class family but struggled to provide for his fiancée and child. Consequently, he decided to join the military in 1975 and took active roles in Invasion of Grenada in 1983, which was part of Cold War. During this time, the troop deposed the dictatorial rule of Hudson Austin restoring constitutional governance. Steven retired from the military in 2002 after serving in the military for twenty-seven years……click below to purchase the full answer at $12