Roles of Healthcare Professionals
This assignment will be at least 1500 words or more. Reflect on the roles of nurses, and other healthcare professionals as the roles of physicians in the healthcare system moves from one of working in silos to a more progressive value-based system. Write a paper that discusses in detail why a value-based system may improve health care in the U. S. and address the following questions:
- How has current policy transformed the current practice of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals?
- What distinction can you make between physicians/healthcare providers working in a fee-for-service system and a value-based care system?
- How do you view shared power between physicians and nurses in your healthcare system? How does it impact care?
M3 Assignment UMBO – 2
M3 Assignment PLG – 5
M3 Assignment CLO – 1, 2
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Study the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Review the Assignment Rubric and the specifications below to ensure that your response aligns with all assignment expectations.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling, and review the rubric.
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
- Length: 1500-2000 words, answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.docx”)