Interview with a Nursing Quality Expert:
The following is the purposes of this assignment:
• Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Quality Expert in a selected healthcare organization.
• Review the organization’s mission, vision, values, and beliefs.
• Discuss the Nursing Quality Expert’s strategic plan as it relates to The Institute of Medicine’s Quality initiatives and ONE of the following core competencies.
1) Employ evidence-based practice
2) Apply quality improvement
3) Utilize informatics
• Conduct a core competency-focused interview with a Nursing Quality Expert.
• Articulate the role of the BSN-prepared nurse to support the strategic plan related to selected IOM core competency.
• Articulate what was learned from time spent with interviewee and how own nursing practice will change as a result of the encounter and completion of this assignment.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO #2)
CO 3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO #7)
CO 5: Apply improvement methods, based on data from the outcomes of care processes, to design and test changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of healthcare. (PO #8)
CO 6: Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems and integrate values and beliefs with organizational mission. (PO #7)
CO 7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and/or system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (PO #2 and 3)
1. NR447 Interview Form included at the bottom of this page, please use form to complete this assignment. 2. Select your interviewee, schedule and conduct an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse employed in a leadership role as a Nursing Quality Expert. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to: Quality Care Coordinator, Performance Improvement Officer/Coordinator, Director of Quality Assessment, Compliance Officer, Safety Director, Regulatory Officer/Director. 3. Review all areas of inquiry on the Interview Form located in Doc Sharing PRIOR to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview. However, you may not give it to the individual and ask him or her to complete it and return it to you.
4. Note there are three areas of inquiry to discuss with the RN/Nursing Quality Expert.
5. Prior to conducting interview, review two scholarly resources related to the ONE aforementioned core competencies upon which you plan to focus. These resources should guide your interview process and understanding of the Nursing Quality Expert’s role and responsibilities as it relates to the selected core competency.6.review the organization’s mission, vision, values and beliefs.
7. Note that practice impact must be addressed by YOU and is a very important criterion
8. Conduct the interview. The length of your interview will vary but should not exceed one hour.
9. Submit the form to the Dropbox prior to the deadline outlined above.
Category Points % Description
Scholarly Resources 20 10% Name two resources reviewed prior to conducting interview related to selected core competency.
Describe how each resource helped student prepare for and conduct interview.
APA formatting for two resources is correct.
Demographics 10 5% Initials, credentials, job title, and length in present position of interviewee are provided. Date and time of interview are provided. Working phone number of interviewee is provided for instructor to follow-up if indicated.
Scope of Responsibility 30 15% Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer indicating major responsibilities and number of direct reports (staff who report to him/her). If none, please say so. Indicate total operational budget for which interviewee is responsible. If unwilling to share, say so. You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly. Do NOT provide a verbatim transcript of everything that was said. Bulleted items may be used.
Mission, Vision, Values, and Beliefs of the Organization 30 15% Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer. Do not quote from the website. Use the Nursing Quality Expert’s interpretation of these. You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly. Do NOT provide a verbatim transcript of everything that was said.
Bulleted items may be used
Strategic Plan as it Relates to ONE Core Competency 30 15% Name the core competency. Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer about how the core competency is incorporated in a unit, department, and organization’s strategic plan. You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly. Do NOT provide a verbatim transcript of everything that was said.
Bulleted items may be used.
Role of BSN-Prepared Nurse to support strategic plan as it relates to the same core selected 30 15% Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer about the role of BSN-prepared nurses to support strategic plan as it relates to selected core competency. You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly. Do NOT provide a verbatim transcript of everything that was said.
Bulleted items may be used.
Practice Impact 30 15% Summarize specifically what you learned from interaction with interviewee. Describe how your own nursing practice will change as a result of learning about roles and responsibilities of interviewee, the core competency, and completion of this assignment.
Scholarly Writing 20 10% Name of student and date of interview appears on Interview Form. Punctuation and sentence structure are correct. Evidence of spell and grammar check. Resources are formatted according to APA.
Total 200 points 100% A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Interview with a Nursing Quality Expert
Interviewer Form-please fill out this form for the above assignment. thank you
Your Name: Date:
Criteria Fill in the answers in this column.
Indicate 2 scholarly resources or texts used prior to the interview to familiarize yourself with the individual’s organization, role, or any of the questions you plan to ask that will make you a more knowledgeable interviewer.
Resource # 2:
Demographics: Provide initials, credentials, job title, and length in present position of the registered nurse interviewee. Include the date and time the interview was conducted. Provide a working phone number for instructor follow-up if needed.
(Ask the interviewee about EVERY topic in this section)
Scope of responsibility: Major responsibilities, direct reports, and operational budget
Organizational mission, vision, values, and beliefs
Strategic planning related to ONE core competency (name the core competency)
Role of BSN-prepared nurse to support the strategic plan
Practice Impact Question
(Reflect on the interview afterwards to ask yourself this question and provide it below.)
How does completing this interview impact your practice as a BSN-prepared nurse? Give specific examples.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!