A Culture of Patient Safety
Read this article:
Sammer, C. & James, B. (2011, September 30). Patient safety culture: The nursing unit leader’s role. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing,16(3), Manuscript 3.
In the Hospital Hope scenario, what do you think was the most important factor that led to the change in practice in the SICU?
If you worked in a facility that needed a practice change, what framework would you use and why?
M7 Assignment UMBO – 1, 2, 3
M7 Assignment PLG – 1, 6
M7 Assignment CLO –2, 3
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Study the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Review the Assignment Rubric and the specifications below to ensure that your response aligns with all assignment expectations.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling, and review the rubric.
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
- Length:1000 to 1250 words in length
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
- References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two scholarly sources plus the textbook are required.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
- File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example RHall Assignment 1.docx)
You May Also Like This:
- Strategic plan for implementation of a practice change operationalize the practice change, theoretical model to use
- Evidence-Based Model and Change Model Stetler Model of EBP, Iowa Model of EBP, A Model for EBP Change, ARCC Model, PARIHS, Clinical Scholar Model, John Hopkins Nursing EBP, ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation
- Eight steps to integrating evidence-based practice into the clinical environment. Barriers you face in implementing a new practice strategies to increase success including overcoming barriers.
- The Role of the Leader in Evaluating Data to Improve Quality and Safety Paper
- Tower 4 West is a 36-bed medical unit. The nurse leader, Renee, is a new leader
- Why ethical safeguards designed for clinical research may not be feasible or appropriate for evidence-based practice implementation projects.
- How would you apply the principles of the Triple Aim initiative to improve quality, safety and satisfaction in the acute care or long-term care setting?
- How has current policy transformed the current practice of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals?
- evaluation of an entrepreneur or social change agent who has been instrumental in making substantial change happen
- How to Create a Culture Conducive to Change
- How is the Gram stain used to classify bacteria? How do antibiotics inhibit the growth of bacteria? Explain how carriers play an important role in the transmission of pathogens.
- Exemplary Change Leader Interview
- Application: Planned Change in a Department or Unit
- Use databases to locate an Evidence-Based Practice Guideline and perform a rapid critical appraisal of the Evidence-Based Guideline
- Components necessary for effective interpersonal communication, importance of interprofessional collaboration, strategies to promote interprofessional collaboration, effective strategies to build interprofessional teams
- The 60’s: culture Vs. Counter culture
- Emergency patient scenario (
- Emergency patient scenario (Radiology)
- Stories of Change
- Select one state opposed to Medicaid expansion and describe why. Then, consider your own state. What are the benefits and drawbacks to Medicaid expansion in your state?
- Patient safety
- : Patient Safety Risks
- Own philosophy of nursing unique to your own current practice of nursing.
- Identify clinical question in PICOT format and clinical problem or an opportunity for improving health outcomes
- Watch the video entitled “A Brief History Of Social Work” and the video “Legacy of Change” found in the Activities section of the module. Describe with detail the Settlement House movement. Fully summarize who Jane Addams was and fully outline and describe her work. List her key interventions. What was her philosophy of change?
- Briefly define an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and how it impacts health care providers: How do ACOs differ from the health maintenance organizations (HMOs) of earlier years
- Case that defined you as a nurse, importance of debriefings, Stress nurses
- Discuss the history of private health insurance and manage care and how it involved into a healthcare industry?
- How to be an effective leader and different leadership styles
- Cultural Geography Unit 7 Research Paper