The six Ps in the title of this Discussion indicate the value of planning. Whether it is planning your classwork, planning dinner for your family, planning for a major purchase, or planning to run a health care organization, the main point is the same. When you analyze the situation and plan ahead, as well as check your resources and your progress, you go a lot further toward achieving your personal and professional goals.
To prepare for this Discussion, think about the elements of strategic planning in health care settings.
By Day 4, post a comprehensive response to the following:
Using specific examples and support from your Learning Resources, identify the benefits and challenges of strategic planning in health care for each of the following:
· Providers (physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals)
- Course Text: Introduction to Healthcare Management
- Chapter 1, “Strategic Planning”In this chapter, you will be introduced to the strategic planning process within health care settings. The author provides insight into the process of identifying a desired future state for a health care organization and planning a means to achieve it.
- Chapter 5, “Planning”Planning is a fundamental task for health care managers. This chapter addresses the role of planning in an organization’s mission and vision, goals and objectives.
- Article: Zuckerman, A. (2006). Advancing the state of the art in healthcare strategic planning. Frontiers of Health Services Management, 23(2), 30-15.The author identifies the steps that health care organizations should take to increase the rigor and degree of sophistication of their strategic planning practices to be on par with non-health-related organizations. Current best practices are identified.
- Article: Bartling, A. (1997). 25 pitfalls of strategic planning. Healthcare Executive, 12(5), 20-23.This article identifies 25 pitfalls health care managers can avoid to make strategic planning a stronger tool for their organizations.
- Article: Begun, J., & Kaissi, A. (2005). An exploratory study of healthcare strategic planning in two metropolitan areas. Journal of Healthcare Management / American College of Healthcare Executives, 50(4), 264-274.For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level writers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written paper