You may wish to refer to the video related to Assessment one regarding Molly’s health status.
Your paper should include:
• A description of the anatomy and physiology of the hip joint.
• Briefly discuss the physical assessments that should be performed on arrival to the ward post-operatively. Using critical thinking, state why you have included these assessments.
• Discuss your post-operative plan of care when prioritising nursing management of Molly on her return to the ward. Discuss rationales for each nursing intervention based upon evidence based practice.
• Outline strategies for ongoing care and discharge planning for Molly upon leaving hospital.
Assessment Two NURS12155
A description of the anatomy and physiology of the hip joint:
You are required to describe the anatomy and physiology of the hip joint. Please consider structures and functions. Within your discussion take into account what will happen in the event of a fracture.
A brief review of the stages of bone healing may assist your discussion in regards to Molly and her Fractured hip.
Briefly discuss the physical assessments that should be performed on arrival to the ward post-operatively:
Using critical thinking, state why you have included these assessments.
You may find it useful to include this information when discussing post-operative care.
You can list the types of assessments which you think are necessary to adequately care for Molly and provide a rationale for why these assessments are important (in sentence form not dot points).
Think about a head to toe assessment and include only specific information relevant to Molly, using this as your guideline.
It is an expectation that Airway, Breathing and Circulation would be included.
Discuss your post-operative plan of care when prioritising nursing management of Molly on her return to the ward:
Discuss rationales for each nursing intervention based upon evidence based practice.
Look at the wording of this task: UPON RETURN TO THE WARD. This means your focus is the immediate post-operative period (24 hours)
Describe why post-operative care is important. As Molly is central to the scenario, her health history is relevant to your discussion Molly Molly experiences many health issues These include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), hypertension (HTN), Diabetes Type 2, osteoporosis, cervical cancer for which she had a hysterectomy 10 years ago. She also suffers from anxiety.
Molly talks about her medications in the video briefly. These include Salbutamol 100mgs prn, Tiotropium 18mcgs daily via a handihaler, Atenolol 25mgs daily and Alendronate once Weekly 70mg tablet once a week in the morning, Metformin SR 1000mgs daily.
Your plan of care should be determined using literature to provide evidence of why you have included the details and why you have prioritised (in order of importance).
Pain relief is relevant to post-operative care. Administration of adequate pre-operative pain relief may relate to your topic (See the lecture recordings from week 1).
Outline strategies for ongoing care and discharge planning for Molly upon leaving hospital:
As Molly is central to the scenario, her health history is relevant to your discussion.
This will differ from Assessment 1 as her care post fracture is the focus.
Your paper could discuss care options for Molly; however strategies you choose should provide options for Molly if she chooses to return home. Remember, person-centred care is encapsulated within our ethos. Therefore, think about strategies for molly based upon both her needs and her preferences. This should include Multi disciplinary team referrals ie physio and follow up that you may feel is required.
You may find it easy to write your essay if you incorporate points 2 and 3 and write as a whole. This may make your paper flow better.
Please be succinct in your essay and support all your statements with evidence based literature that is relevant and contemporary.
Please also discuss and not just list in your assessment.
You will need:
• Title page-student name, student number, course code, term/year, name of course coordinator, name of assignment and due date for submission
• Include header with student name and number and a footer or page numbers
• Essay format includes an introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. Use double line spacing, single page and Times New Roman12 font.
• A Reference list that adheres to APA presentation guidelines and indicates that you have read widely and on a separate page.The inclusion of evidence based clinical guidelines accessed from websites is acceptable. It is preferred you use academic peer reviewed articles/ journals. NB: Journal articles used must be less than 5 years old and textbooks less than 10 years old.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions