Healthcare Coverage Gap
The ACA was meant to provide quality health care coverage for all yet a coverage gap for some populations especially in states that oppose Medicaid expansion. Based on what you have learned so far in this course, create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the coverage gap problem, who is impacted by the coverage gap, the role the ACA plays in the coverage gap, why the coverage gap should be closed, and solutions/ recommendations for closing the gap. Address the following in your PowerPoint:
- Select one state opposed to Medicaid expansion and describe why. Then, consider your own state. What are the benefits and drawbacks to Medicaid expansion in your state?
- Define what the coverage gap is (problem/issue)
- Discuss how the coverage gap impact low income healthcare consumers population.
- What role does the ACA have in widening or closing the coverage gap?
- Why is it important to close the gap (implications for positive social change)?
- What are some solutions to closing the coverage gap and how can healthcare equity help close the gap? Include recommendations and/or solutions.
Your PowerPoint presentation should include/address:
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Objectives Slide (1 slide)
- Medicaid expansion (1-2 slides)
- Coverage gap – define/problem/issue (1-2 slides)
- Coverage gap impact on low income healthcare consumers (2-3 slides)
- Role ACA has in widening or closing the coverage gap (1-2 slides)
- Close the gap (1-2 slides)
- Solutions to closing the coverage gap and how can healthcare equity help close the gap? (2-3 slides)
- Reference slide (1-2 slides).
M2 Assignment UMBO – 3
M2 Assignment PLG – 4
M2 Assignment CLO – 4, 6
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Study the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Review the Assignment Rubric and the specifications below to ensure that your response aligns with all assignment expectations.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling, and review the rubric.
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
- Length: 9-14 slides; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Structure: Include a title slide and reference slide in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment. Your presentation must include an objectives slide. Be sure to fully explain all slides in the Speaker Notes.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document (.pptx)
- Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.docx”)