STRATEGIC OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Coursework 1 2015
• Limit of 5000 words (+ 10%). However, abstract, tables, diagrams, references and appendices are not included. Please use Calibri font size 12 at 1.5 spacing throughout your report.
• The report must include responses to all of the elements set out in the Assignment Brief. This is an Operations Strategy assignment – please focus on operations management and resist the temptation to drift into more general management areas.
Operations is at the core of organisations functioning in the Energy sector and managers must understand how developing and delivering the correct operations strategies will deliver tangible and sustained benefits to the organisation, by contributing directly to the achievement of wider corporate objectives. Using organisation of choice from the oil and gas or energy sectors (Chevron), please write each of the following in an essay format.
1. In order to achieve a sustainable alignment to its markets, the organisation must develop a dynamic and yet efficient operation that has strategic fit. Discuss why strategic fit and sustainability of alignment is important and explain the process of alignment formulation. (10% of score)
2. Critically analyse the role of operational performance criteria within Chevron Upstream Europe, including the implications of resource constraints, time-dependency and focus. (20% of score)
3. Critically evaluate the role that the operations strategy may play in helping Chevron organisation to develop and shape the nature of the supply network in which it operates. (20% of score)
4. The operations strategy is only as good as its implementation. Discuss this statement and critically comment on 5 main factors that can affect the implementation of the operation’s strategy in Chevron. (20% of score)
5. Critically evaluate one of the following aspects of operations management in terms of its relevance to the organisation’s operations strategy, including an explanation of why the Chief Operations Officer should have a good understanding of this aspect.
a. Assets management and maintenance
b. Capacity management
c. Project management
d. Materials management
After placing the order, I will have to upload couple supporting documents (Chevron Corporate report, etc.) to support this paper.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level writers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written paper