Learning Outcomes to be assessed
(from module spec.)
Knowledge and Understanding
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:-
1. Critically evaluate the links from the corporate to the marketing strategy and methods of delivering an organisations corporate mission and vision.
2. Develop marketing strategies to establish an organisation’s global competitive and sustainable stance to achieve the organisation’s strategic intent and deliver its value proposition.
3. Develop strategic marketing plans, using synergistic planning processes, ensuring they are within the resource capabilities of an organisation.
Transferable/Key Skills and other attributes
On completion of this module students will have had the opportunity to :-
I. Practice a range of communications and technology skills through oral presentations, written submissions, seminar discussions and debate.
II. Develop research and information gathering skills.
III. Work collaboratively with others.
IV. Enhance analytical and evaluative skills using data, articles and other lecture, seminar and own researched materials.
Details of the task
Address the following question:
Address the following question:
Each student will carry out a study of a company1 applying the various marketing strategy-related tools and concepts covered in the module. You will develop feasible marketing strategies plan, using synergistic planning processes,to establish an organisation’s global competitive and sustainable stance to achieve the organisation’s strategic intent and deliver its value proposition.
1Students should select one of the following companies: Facebook, Wikipedia, Uber (with a focus on the UK market), Airbnb (with a focus on the UK market), and Alibaba. Students will have a better understanding of this assignment if they read some of the following articles:
Libert, B., Wind, Y(J), and Fenley, M.B. (2014), “What Airbnb, Uber, and Alibaba have in common”, Harvard Business Review,
McRae, H. (2015), “Facebook, Airbnb, Uber, and the unstoppable rise of the content non-generators”, The Independent,
As a guide you should2:
• Summarize your findings through executive summary (10%)
• Introduce your chosen company in terms of its recent performances, such as marketing activities and financial performances (5%)
• Apply suitable marketing tools to analyse your chosen company
o The current situation analysis – macro environmental (10%)
o The current situation analysis – your market place (10%
o The current situation analysis – your customers/prospects (10%)
o The current situation analysis – your brand(s) (10%)
• Provide strategic marketing plans (recommendations)to your chosen company
o Yourmarketing objectives and goals (5%)
o The target audience (10%)
o The marketing strategy (20%)
• Present your work effectively (10%)
2Students are required to produce the report in the form of a marketing plan. The following materials might be useful:
CIM marketingexpert. (2015), Marketing Plan.
Your work should be in a creative, critical and evaluative manner. Ensure that your arguments are clear and logical and where appropriate include academic sources, i.e. academic journal papers, which add weight to your points raised. Please show in your list of references an appropriate breadth and depth of references relevant to the topic.
Your work must be correctly referenced throughout in the Harvard format.
Your assignment should be word processed and produced in an appropriate academic style. The font should be 12, and be double spaced. The work should be completed on an individual basis.
We have set up a draft submission area so that you can check whether your work is adequately referenced. You are strongly advised to make use of this system. You can submit a draft to turnitin as many times as you wish but you can only submit one final version. Therefore please ensure you submit to the correct area of blackboard turnitin systems.
WARNING – ACADEMIC MISCONDUCT
The University’s policy on Good Academic Conduct applies. Plagiarism, collusion and other forms of misconduct identified by the Policy are serious offences leading to potentially very severe disciplinary consequences. Cases of academic misconduct WILL be reported.
In a nutshell plagiarism means passing off somebody else’s efforts as your own work.
The following are NOT permitted:
• Copying somebody else’s work in whole or in part
• Getting somebody else to help you with the specific content of your assignment (only general discussion with somebody else about the topics covered in the assignment is permitted – not discussion about the specific assignment contents)
• Getting somebody else to correct your work
• Copying (or cutting and pasting) text or web site content into your assignment without attribution of the source with full academic referencing
• Quoting more than 100 words of text verbatim even with attribution to the source
Any student who assists another student to plagiarise or collude (by allowing their work to be copied or by specific assistance/checking another student’s work) or participates in any other form of misconduct is ALSO guilty of misconduct and will be penalised along with the student who has been assisted.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level writers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written paper