1. (8pts) Briefly describe the sequential steps in the Marketing Research Process. (name and number the steps and describe with one or two statements each one)
2. (4pts) Name and describe the two general rules for developing response categories for a survey.
3. (2pts) Give an example of the categories that could be used for the following question:
What is your income?
4. Explain how you would go about identifying a company’s target. (6 pts) in other words, Name and describe the types of research you might do as well as the order you would do it in?
5. (3 pts) Define, targeting, segmentation and positioning then (3pts) briefly describe their relationship to each other including the order that they should take place.
These are the responses to a survey. This respondent whose answers you see here is identified as Respondent B. (Respondent A is just an example for the spreadsheet – you do not see respondent A’s actual survey) There is a codebook following the survey which might help you in determining how to answer the questions.
Q1: What is your Gender?
Q2: Before purchasing a new kitchen appliance I look for information using the following sources (check all that apply)
☐Friends and Family (WOM)
Q3: Please consider your last purchase of a kitchen appliance and respond to the following questions by indicating your level of agreement:
Strongly Disagree Disagree Neither Agree Nor Disagree Agree Strongly Agree
I am satisfied with my purchase. ☐
I use the appliance as often as I thought I would. ☐
Storage space was an important consideration ☐
Fill in the row for Respondent B table based on the responses to the survey above: (1 pts each – fill in 9 cells)
Respondent Q1 Q2-1 Q2-2 Q2-3 Q2-4 Q2-5 Q3-1 Q3-2 Q3-3
A (example only) 1 0 0 1 0 1 2 3 2
This code book can be used to assist with the responses to the survey.
Variable Description Response
Q1 Gender 1=Male, 2=Female
Q2-1 Info source: Search Engine 1= Used, 0=Not
Q2-2 Info source: social media 1= Used, 0=Not
Q2-3 Info source: newspaper 1= Used, 0=Not
Q2-4 Info source: WOM 1= Used, 0=Not
Q2-5 Info source: Retail 1= Used, 0=Not
Q3-1 Satisfaction 1=Strongly Disagree to 5=Strongly Agree
Q3-2 Use of appliance 1=Strongly Disagree to 5=Strongly Agree
Q3-3 Consider Storage 1=Strongly Disagree to 5=Strongly Agree
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written paper