INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS(BBMK401)
PAIR OR GROUP OF THREEASSIGNMENT AND PRESENTATION
Learning Outcome Assessed:c, d
Weighting:35%= 15% written assignment; 15% recorded presentation and 5% peer review
Report format: 750 words per student; 5 minutes per student
INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS – GROUP ASSIGNMENT
No extensions will be given
Assessment – 3
Written and Oral Assignment
Written Assessment and Group Presentation recording file
due by 11pm on day of Lecture 5.2
In this assessment students are required to submit a written assignment and record an oral presentation relating to Integrated Marketing Communications.Students will apply skills and knowledge to undertake the development of an IMC plan.
Each group, of two to three students, is pitching in response to a Government tender for an integrated marketing communications plan aimed at increasing international enrolments in Victorian higher education institutions. The integrated marketing communications campaign has the objective of increasing international enrolments by 10% through stimulating demand both internationally and for prospects already based in Victoria. Budget is between $ 1 million to $ 5 million for the 12 month campaign. You are expected to work with the Government’s Marketing Manager in developing the plan.
IN THE WRITTEN REPORT YOU SHOULD:
1. Defineyour targeted audience profile:the brief from the government agency centres on increasing international enrolments of potential students currently based in Asia (in particular China, India, Korea and Pakistan) and those already resident within Victoria. You may elect to concentrate on one geographic area only.
2. Develop an IMC plan: use a minimum of three IMC variables as summarised in Session 1.1 (Figure 1.2 of the text) and discussed throughout the unit.
3. Develop a creative strategy: as detailed in session 3.2, focus on the style of creative advertising to be used e.g. the unique selling proposition
4. Develop a media strategy: focusing on sessions 4.1 and 6.1,utilise a minimum of three mediums e.g. newspapers, magazines, television, radio, digital marketing.
5. Develop a (rough) costing:for your IMC plan(exclude production costs) using sessions 3.1 and 4.1 as a guide. Please consult your Lecturer for costs of IMC variables not discussed within the unit i.e. personal selling.
6. Appraise the role of the Government’s Marketing Manager in each of the above preparation stages of the plan.
This will demonstrate your ability to apply the important concepts, processes and models in this unitto development of an integrated marketing communications plan.
The written report should be uploaded in report format on Moodle with the name of your lecturerandall student ID’s detailed as the ‘Submission Title’.
Report is to be uploaded:
• By 11pm on the day of your Lecture 5.2
• A signed cover sheet should be attached to the assignment
• If you experience difficulties uploading the assignment, to avoid a late penalty the assignment should be emailed to Janne Palthe by 11pm of date of submission – see Appendix 1. Your assignment will still require uploading into Moodle for marking.
Content should display logic and cite examples and theories.
You must include:
• Research using at least 2 academic journal articles
• Carefully select appropriate theories and concepts
• Construct an in-depth and analytical discussion
• Use evidence and examples to support your work
• Write in a clear and logical manner.
• Cite all references using the APA referencing system
• Prepare and format a reference list.
Your REPORT should be in proper format and will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Quality of analysis applying the theoretical concepts of the course.
• Creativity and innovation demonstrated in presenting information.
• Professional format with consistent fonts, proper sequence of paragraphs, correct referencing, spelling and grammar.
FOR THE ORAL PRESENTATION YOU SHOULD:
1. Record a cohesive five minute presentation per student for upload to Moodle. The relevant Discussion Forum thread will be advised on Moodle.
2. Upload your media file or YouTube link to Moodle. Include the order of speakers by student ID only.
3. Provide an interesting overview of your IMC plan consistent with the topic and your submitted assignment
4. Generate positive audience engagement including positive verbal/non-verbal communication and good visual aids.
5. If you experience difficulties uploading the assignment, to avoid a late penalty the assignment should be emailed to Janne Palthe by 11pm of date of submission. Your assignment will still require uploading into Moodle for marking
6. Review the submissions of all other groups and provide one group peer review mark for each presentation. Peer review marks to be emailed to Janne Palthe.
ASSESSMENT IS WORTH 35 MARKS
Written Report: 15 % – Assignment will be assessed on the following:
Criteria Marks 15% Comments
Define your targeted audience profile: internationally and within Australia /1
Develop an IMC plan: using a minimum of three IMC variables /3
Develop a creative strategy: e.g. unique selling proposition /2
Develop a media strategy: using a minimum of three medium /2
Budget: Develop a (rough) costing for your IMC plan (exclude production costs) /1
Appraise the role of the Government’s Marketing Manager in each of the above preparation stages of the plan /4
Spelling and grammar /1
Presentation of the report in proper format including proper referencing of the sources /1
Presentation: 20% – Uploaded presentation will be assessed on the following:
Criteria Marks 20% Comments
Relevance to IMC topics and consistency with written assignment (group mark) /4
Verbal and non-verbal presentation style (individual mark) /3
Audience engagement during presentation (individual mark) /4
Visual aids of presentation (group mark) /4
Peer review /5
PEER REVIEW CRITERIA:
Each group should review all online presentations (excluding the group’s own submission) uploaded to a designated Discussion Forum post. The presentations should be ethically and honestly graded in accordance with the criteria below and emailed, together with any comments, to Janne Palthe by 11pm of session 6.1.
Ensure that you review at least 80% of presentations. Any group which does not submit at least 80% of possible peer reviews will have their peer review mark disallowed.
Criteria Marks Comments
Relevance to IMC topic (pair/small group mark) /3
Verbal and non-verbal presentation style (individual mark) /2
Audience engagement during presentation (individual mark) /3
Visual aids of presentation (pair/small group mark) /2
Signed by Tutor:
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written paper