*Use the company name Curtain Wonderland Pty Ltd – the content can be made up though*
You are to write a 1500- 2000 word report (formal business report structure). You should analyse the communication hierarchy and structure of an organisation (or another situation if you have not worked in an organisation – institution, club, charity, association, school or University in which communication is systemic).
The report will address the key themes covered by the unit – leadership and management communication styles, interpersonal skills, team and group dynamics, the emotional climate of the organisation, verbal and non-verbal cues, oral and written communication processes, work culture, intercultural communication – to name a few. It is not necessary to evaluate your organisation against every theme covered in the unit– just those that are pertinent to the organisation and to your analysis of it. However, there will be an expectation that your assignment will clearly display an understanding of the modelling, theory and basic skills detailed throughout the Unit.
You should evaluate the effectiveness of the organisations communications hierarchy and/or structure and you report should present your argument based on this evaluative process. You should take a position on how successful the organisation’s communication structure (or elements of it) are. Finally, you should make recommendations on how communication processes could be improved based on the ideas presented in this Unit.
Throughout your document, you should support your observations and analysis by referring to scholarly materials. A minimum of 10 scholarly (peer reviewed) materials would be expected in a first-year assignment of this length. Evidence of a deeper approach to your research will attract a higher mark.
You will present your response to this task in a formal Business Report. Your report will be primarily evaluated by your Tutor on four levels
• your choice of organisation (the organisation must be named within the report),
• the appropriateness and comprehensiveness of your independent scholarly research and your ability to use this research to support your analysis, findings and discussion. A minimum of 10 scholarly/peer reviewed references are required for this assignment.
• your choice and application of appropriate communication models, theory, techniques and skills (including surveys/interviews) and your ability to use these elements as tools to investigate your organisation and to support your analysis, findings and discussion,
• the depth and accuracy of your analysis of the organisation and its structures, hierarchy, values and attitudes,
• your ability to communicate an overview of your organisation’s structure, hierarchy, attitudes and values. To explain how you applied theory, models, skills and techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of communications within this organisation. To form a position on how effective communication structures and hierarchies are within the organisation, and to develop a series of recommendations to improve communication within the organisation.
All students must use the Harvard Reference Guide which can be found in your Unit Documents. Make sure you read and understand this document.
A reference list should be attached to your report. In text referencing is included in the word count. Your reference list is not counted in the word count.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.