This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to find and appraise resources related to the PICOT question from Week 2. The focus of this assignment is to evaluate pertinent literature that supports the practice change intervention.
Note: You are to locate original studies with research conducted and published by the primary investigator. You may also use systematic reviews or Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs).
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Integrate evidence-based and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1,4)
CO2: Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve health outcome. (PO 1, 2)
CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 5
Total Points Possible: 200 Points
Find and review ten (10) scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles, systematic reviews, or CPGs in support of the practice change intervention. Complete the Research Summary Worksheet table for each article.
- State the PICOT question
- For each article, supply the following:
- The complete reference for the article in current APA format
- Description of the purpose of the study/review/practice guideline
- Description of the evidence type
- Research article/systematic review/CPG
- If a source is a research article
- Is the study quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods?
- Is the study experimental, quasi-experimental, or descriptive?
- Description of the sample, sample size, and setting (not used for CPG)
- Discussion of the data collection methods used (not used for CPG)
- Discussion of the study findings or CPG content
- Assessment of the limitations of the study (not used for CPG)
- Discussion of the relevance the study to the PICOT question and advanced practice nursing
In newly diagnosed diabetic patients (P) does the use of culturally congruent education (I) in comparison to standard education ( C) impact A1C levels and weight (O) within 8 weeks(T)?
|Full reference for article (APA Format)||Islam, N. S., Wyatt, L. C., Taher, M. D., Riley, L., Tandon, S. D., Tanner, M., … & Trinh-Shevrin, C. (2018). A culturally tailored community health worker intervention leads to improvement in patient-centered outcomes for immigrant patients with type 2 diabetes. Clinical Diabetes, 36(2), 100-111. https://doi.org/10.2337/cd17-0068|
|Purpose||The researcher examined the impact of culturally tailored education session can improve diabetes outcome among immigrants with type 2 diabetes|
Click below to purchase the full answer at $10