Research proposals are used to assess the feasibility of a research project. Most research proposals include the following sections: problem/objective, literature review, methodology, schedule and budget.
The purpose of this assignment is to consider the methods section of the research proposal by identifying what method would best answer the research question that you have constructed in the beginning of this course. This assignment is worth 15% of your final grade Late submissions are subject to a penalty of 5% per day.
Ensure that your research proposal includes all of the following information:
1. What is your research question? Write your question into a brief introduction about your topic. Try to write something to attract the reader’s attention since one of the goals of research proposals is to make your project seem interesting.
2. Drawing on the material collected from the annotated bibliography, explain what makes your research question or problem important to explore.
3. Which methodological approach would best address your question? Select a specific method (i.e. if quantitative: surveys, experiments, content analysis, secondary sources; or if qualitative: interviews, focus groups, field research, historical documents and discourse analysis) and explain how the method selected addresses your research question. Some of the questions that can help you explain your choice could include: What variables are you studying? Is this qualitative or quantitative research? What type of relationship are you looking at? Are you drawing on a macro or micro level of theory? Is your question best addressed by an inductive or deductive approach? Do you require a rigid or flexible approach? Be sure to define and explain these aspects in relation to your research question.
4. Which sampling method would best address the method selected? Questions to help you explain your sampling method could include: Is the sample probability or non-probability based? What would be the best way to go about selecting your sample and what is your target population? What specific sampling technique would you use and why? (e.g. simple random sample, snowball, etc).
RESEARCH QUESTION : How does gender stereotypes, perpetuated in the education system, affect girls work in Science and math, and how that may have a consequence on the workforce?
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written paper