Let’s talk about the Guelph General Hospital Case.
It requires situation analysis and
strategic management thinking.
In your first post, address the following:
1. What are the key decisions that have to be made at GGH and why?
2. What are the macro environmental and internal factors that Williams must take in to
consideration and why?
3. Who do you think are her key stakeholders and which, if any, should she pay the
1. Complete Week 8 Online Videos & Readings on course site
2. Garvin, D. A., & Roberto, M. A. (2003). What you don't know about making
decisions. IEEE Engineering Management Review, 31(2), 3-10.
3. Tichy, N. M., & Bennis, W. G. (2007). Making judgment calls. Harvard Business
Review, 85(10), 94.
4. Cottrell J., Rouse M., Sathya, A, Allison, A., Korsunsky, D., McGillis, S.A., &
Nicols, M. (2016). Guelph General Hospital. Ivey Publishing.
5. Alexander, A., De Smet, A., & Weiss, L. (2020). Decision making in uncertain
times. McKinsey & Company.
1. Hammond, J. S., Keeney, R. L., & Raiffa, H. (2006). The hidden traps in decision
making. Harvard business review, 84(1), 118.
LEAD 300 Week 8 Discussion Guelph General Hospital Case