- Identify a sociological topic of interest to you. Discuss how each of the six qualitative field research paradigms could be used to study this topic. The paradigms are listed here:
- Grounded Theory
- Case Studies and the Extended Case Method
- Institutional Ethnography
- Participatory Action Research
How does the role of the researcher vary across each paradigm?
Are some paradigms better suited for certain topics? Which paradigm(s) raise the biggest ethical concerns?
- At the end of this, I have included literature that explains these further from one of our class texts. If you use any information from that book the citation is here:
Babbie, Earl (2011) “The Basics of Social Research” 5th ed. Wadsworth Cengage Learning, Chapman University, Belmont CA.
Access the Qualitative Data Archival link
- Click on “Data Catalogue” the qualitative catalogue.
- Select and type in a primary discipline such as law, crime and justice or psychology or sociology or social anthropology.
- Summarize the types of studies that are retrieved, and,
- Select two of the studies and summarize what the study was about and the type of data that was collected.
- Use the online library to find a peer-reviewed journal article that uses qualitative methods.
- Read the article and write a brief summary of the article
- Write a critical review of their qualitative analysis using prompts from our first Assignment
Question 4 (please just choose ONE to answer – I gave you two choices)
- Go to the following Census Bureau site:
- Click on “fact sheet” at the left and select two states for comparative purposes and to construct a bivariate table that compares the two states in terms of either age or racial composition. This site will provide you with the needed frequencies and percents.
- Post the table in your Forum and write a brief summary of your table results.
- Use at least one source and provide analysis of your data
- Go to the data section of the World Bank’s website: http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog
- Select two countries (one “developed,” one “developing) and construct a bivariate table comparing them on some indicator of quality of life (I.E. life expectancy, poverty).
- Post the table in your DB
- Write a brief summary of your table results.
- Use at least one source and analyze your data
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Click order now, and enjoy an amazing discount.