Assignment 2: Using Motivation to Improve Performance
Motivation is a complex subject, but its understanding and application is central to the success of management and the organization. Imagine that the CEO of your organization (current or past) has tasked you with recommending actions to promote employee’s involvement. This is a very important task. We recommend you start by drafting an outline of your potential ideas. Thereafter, you can explain in detail your proposal to the CEO. The outline should not be a reiteration of motivation theory, but should provide succinct points that cover the key topics of motivation and provides a road map that management can implement to improve motivation within the organization.
HINT: Review the following. Also, you might want to think about a specific job or unit you worked previously.
Employee involvement is a participative process that uses employees’ input to increase their commitment to the organization’s success. The logic is that if we engage workers in decisions that affect them and increase their autonomy and control over their work lives, they will become more motivated, more committed to the organization, more productive, and more satisfied with their jobs. These benefits don’t stop with individuals—when teams are given more control over their work, morale and performance increases.
A participative process that uses the input of employees and is intended to increase employee commitment to an organization’s success.
Employee involvement programs differ among countries. A study of four countries, including the United States and India, confirmed the importance of modifying practices to reflect national culture. While U.S. employees readily accepted employee involvement programs, managers in India who tried to empower their employees were rated low by those employees. These reactions are consistent with India’s high power–distance culture, which accepts and expects differences in authority. Similarly, Chinese workers who were very accepting of traditional Chinese values showed few benefits from participative decision making, but workers who were less traditional were more satisfied and had higher performance ratings under participative management. Another study conducted in China, however, showed that involvement increased employees’ thoughts and feelings of job security, enhancing their well-being.
Review the following videos about how to create an outline:
Watch the following videos as supplemental materials:
1. Understanding what motivates and engages employees (3 min 58 s)
2. Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation (4 min 17 s)
3. Communicate to motivate (3 min 58 s)
Write a four (4) pages paper in which you:
1. Create a one (1) page outline in which you select topics and subtopics around your recommendations to improve the employee’s involvement.
2. Explain four (4) of the most critical topics you have included in your outline, and propose a potential course of implementation. (3 pages)
3. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources you have located using the Strayer Library resources / databases in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource, and neither do web-based blogs
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level writers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written papers