research how historical and cultural influences have impacted a particular authors works and approach the work (The Odyssey) with this focus as your lens; construct an argument that connects the research with your particular view of said work (The Odyssey); and effectively prove that argument through both the use of outside sources and textual analysis.
• at least two historical/cultural sources
• at least one source should include another critics approach/interpretation of the work(s) by said author
• the remaining source(s) should complement the above and your argument
Your essay should include and accomplish the following:
• Have a clear, well-stated thesis
• Have strong organization
• Prove your thesis through research, close-reading and well-stated analysis
• Use appropriate research to support your approach and thesis
• Clearly state your approach early on in the essay and be consistent with your approach throughout
• Use a variety of sources and follow the stipulations regarding sources as stated earlier in this assignment
• Explain your points in detail
• Cite and format your essay according to MLA style
• Be at least 5 pages but no more than 7 pages in length.
• Include a works cited page in MLA style.
• Proofread, edit, and revise your essay.
The essay itself will be graded on the following categories and with the following rubric:
• Each grammatical mistake will result in a two point deduction.
Organization and Format:
• You must follow MLA style for your citations and works cited page, use transitions to effectively move between paragraphs, have the basic building blocks of an essay (introduction, thesis, body, and conclusion), and create a logical flow between ideas. This section of the essay grade is all or nothing.
Content: 200 points
• The following rubric is done with the understanding that you have completed the requirements of the assignment. Failure to complete certain requirements will result in deductions from the content portion of the assignment.
• A (180 – 200): Effectively proves your thesis using examples from the chosen text and outside research. Showcases your approach and thesis without confusion. Explains relevance of points in exhaustive detail. Each body paragraph is relevant to the thesis. The introduction and conclusion complete their purposes well and add interest to the paper.
For a custom paper on the above topic or any other topic, place your order now!
What Awaits you:
On-time delivery guarantee
Masters and PhD-level writers
Automatic plagiarism check
100% PrivChinese and American economicsacy and Confidentiality
HEnglishigh Quality custom-written papers