Read the case of Nestlé and the infant formula controversy (from Blackboard). Analyse the main criticisms of Nestlé’s marketing of infant formula using ethical theory. As a result of your analysis, do you believe that Nestlé behaved unethically or not?
You are required to write one essay of 4,000 words
You MUST use ethical theory when analysing the essay case and questions. Choose contrasting theories: at least one consequentialist and one non-consequentialist theory. So a minimum of two theories and a maximum of three or four theories would be my advice
In relation to the essay:
• Please do not write much about the case study. I have provided cases/issues so that you don’t have to describe it in your essay. Some of you will do extra research on a particular case. However, writing a description of the case will not get you marks in this essay. What is important is your application of theory to the case. You can provide more details of the case when you analyse it using theory.
* Always use more than one theory. Two theories should be used as a minimum. This allows you to contrast outcomes of your analysis using different theories. In general a consequentialist vs. non consequentialist theory is good. But this is not a strict rule. I would advise again using more than 3 or 4 theories as the application of too many theories will mean that you will lose depth in your analysis. You may find you use 2 or 3 key theories in depth and add another which you give less time and space to. This is fine.
• In terms of discussion of your theory, again keep it to a minimum. Just a brief definition is fine. This is descriptive and takes up word count. ‘Utilitarianism states that an action is ethical if it leads to the greatest good for the greatest number’ is sufficient.
• Please put tables in the text if you are using them and they will be excluded from the word count. BUT a utilitarian table listing, for example, benefits and drawbacks is not enough. If you do include a table please discuss it in text form and/or provide a deeper analysis of its content within the main text of the essay.
• Consider the weaknesses/disadvantages of the theories that you are using. Be critical of theory.
• If you are using a Kantian analysis, as well as the categorical imperatives, think of duty in a broader sense.
• Argue from different angles/standpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
• Undertake an objective analysis utilising theory. You can bring you own opinions into your summary/conclusions at the end of your essay.
All sources used must be clearly referenced.
Hi all the above are the instructions provided by my lecturer. I have lecture slides that I will upload that talk about the ethical theories. Also I will upload the 2 case studies on Nestle provided by my lecturer and the marking scheme. Also for references a mix of books, journals and sites would be great but with mostly online site sources I think would be best.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level writers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written paper