1)Listen to this report on NPR: how-court-fees-became-an-emotional-issue-in-ferguson-mo and reflect on the relationship between the state and civil society in this situation.
2)Celebrating National Columbus Day is an insult to the Native Americans, argues California Assemblymember Roger Hernandez. Read THIS article and post one paragraph response!
3)Bradley Manning made the news since he leaked classified documents to WikiLeaks. In THIS article, he was portrayed by his prosecutor as anarchist, who betrayed the US, and by his lawyer as a principled protester. Read the article and leave your thoughtful comment!
4)Reading THIS article, or THIS article , you get a picture of a divided Republican Party over items that have been central in its political agenda. How do you explain this assumed division
5) Gabriello Morrongiello argued HERE that the expansive network of progressive organizations funded by wealthy liberal donors calls attention to the same “dark money” practices for which Democrats have long criticized Republicans and their conservative network.
What do you think?
6) In THIS article, it is interestingly argued that framing limits social dialogue. The famous pro-choice/pro-life framing of abortion is, according to this article and ts supporting statistics, failing. What do you think of this argument? What will you advice the pro-life or the pro-choice activists to do?
7) Rosa Parks DEFIANCE to Mongomery Bus racist policies came to be an “opportunity” to spark the Civil Rights Movement. Reflect on this incidence in terms of opportunities and threats that surrounded the emergence of the Civil Rights Movement.
8) On THIS website that calls to boycott Nike, we can observe a number of NSM characteristics. What sre they?
9) Without being inclusive, what of THIS list, in your opinion, has changed and what has not? Just bring in some examples, not the entire list! If you would drop a couple of lines to explain your choices, that will be great!
10) THIS article on BBC seems a little contradictory. It claims that social media played a major role in Gezi Park protests in Turkey, while stating that Turkish government shut down internet. What do you think?
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.