For this assignment, your school principal has asked for your assistance in creating a School-Wide Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (SWPBIS) system. Choose a school level (elementary, middle, or high school) to create a SWPBIS plan. Use the information found in the presentation provided as your foundation.
Your plan must include:
- Rationale and features.
- Describe what will be included in the plan. For example:
- School safety
- Character education
- School spirit
- Discuss how you will implement this practice.
- Discuss how will you inform students and keep it enforced. For example:
- Any teacher can hand out a ticket
- Tickets can only be given out during certain times of the day
- Student’s name must immediately be written on the ticket
- State who will be in charge of administering the rewards.
- Describe the kinds of rewards you will offer the students, and how often will they be administered. For example:
- Students will collect tickets from any teacher when they are caught doing something good. At the end of the semester, there will be a “price” guide where the tickets can be traded
- Students will be acknowledged each semester for things like perfect attendance, good citizenship, and service to the school and community
- Peer nominations for specific awards
You will create a presentation using Prezi or PowerPoint. Your SWPBIS plan must be 10 to 15 slides in length, with a title slide, an introduction slide, and a reference slide. Your plan should also be formatted according to APA guidelines, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Be sure to use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
- Zirpoli, T. J. (2016). Behavior Management: Positive Applications for Teachers (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson.
- Chapter 10: Positive Behavioral Supports: Reinforcement Strategies
- This chapter discusses behavioral strategies to increase appropriate behaviors. Positive and negative reinforcement are discussed, as well as guidelines for establishing a reinforcement program. Included are the different schedules of reinforcement, tokeneconomy reinforcement, shaping and chaining of behavior, as well as the generalization and maintenance of behavior.
Chapter 12: Schoolwide Strategies for Positive Behavior Supports
- This chapter presents principles and techniques used for encouraging appropriate behaviors and decreasing inappropriate behaviors. It also reviews and clarifies relevant terminology. Preventive strategies are provided that negate the need for behavior reduction techniques. General guidelines and safeguards for implementing behavior reduction strategies are also reviewed.
Chapter 13: Individual Strategies for Positive Behavioral Supports
- This chapter focuses on the components of a behavioral intervention plan (BIP), strategies for writing effective BIPs, and strategies for reducing inappropriate behaviors.
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions. (n.d.). Positive behavior support plan (Essential elements).
- These are the essential elements that must be included in an individual PBIS form.
Classroom token economy (n.d.).
- This article outlines how to use the token economy system either for an individual or for whole class support.
McIntyre, T. (n.d.). Differential reinforcement of other behaviors.
- Dr. McIntyre explains how to use differential reinforcement of other behaviors where a student is rewarded if an undesired behavior is not displayed during a designated time period.
McIntyre, T. (n.d.). DRI: Differentiated reinforcement of incompatible behaviors.
- This webpage teaches how to introduce an incompatible behavior to the target behavior using differential reinforcement of incompatible behavior.
McIntyre, T. (2005). DRL: Differential reinforcement of lower rates of behavior.
- Dr. McIntyre explains how to modify behaviors that need to be lowered (such as calling out) but are not dangerous to the student or other class members using differential reinforcement of lower rates of behavior (DRL).
Sugai, G. (2008). School-wide positive behavior support: Getting started.
- This presentation provides a clear explanation of school-wide positive behavior support along with examples used in several schools across the country.
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- This is a webpage dedicated to positive behavioral intervention and supports school wide, including research-based intervention strategies, data if its success, and how to implement it as a school-wide program.
- Watson, A. (n.d.). The world’s easiest token system for behavior management. The Cornerstone.
- This article explains how one teacher designed and implemented her token economy system in her classroom.
- McIntyre, T. (n.d.). Differential reinforcement procedures [PowerPoint presentation]. Retrieved from www.behavioradvisor.com/DRprocedures.ppt
- This is a PowerPoint presentation created to support the web page on differential reinforcement strategies.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions