With this course assignment you will complete numerous tasks before you memorialize your learnings by responding to a series of prompts. To that end, you will…
- View The Path to Prison (SnagFilms, 2014). This short film spans approximately 7 minutes.
- Navigate to and read The School-to-Prison Pipeline (Elias, 2013)
- Listen to the follow podcast titled, “The Problem we all Live With (2015).
- With that, read the article “The Kid.pdf” (Please see the upload file) After reading this article, view the short You Tube video from the feature film Stand and Deliver (1988)
After completing the aforementioned, carefully consider the prompts that follow. You will need to draw on your reading of chapter 3(See attachment file) to respond to these prompts as well. Your responses to this series of prompts below should be professionally written and include evidence to support your conjectures. Thus, sharing your opinion is permissible as part of your response. However, you need to back up ith examples from course materials.
- In “The Problem we all Live With,” the schedules of students of color who attend a high school in the St. Louis area were discussed. Numerous examples of classes without teachers and/or classes with a substitute teacher who doesn’t ‘teach’ were shared. How does this happen? Why are students allowed to learn in school settings such as this?
- Think about Jim and the students highlighted in Stand and Deliver. Why might these students be disenfranchised with education?
- What role might “soft bias” (See upload file) play in classrooms whereas students such as those in the film Stand & Deliver attend?
- What is the education to prison pipeline? What roles do teachers and the institution of schooling play in this pipeline?
- What strategies did Mr. Helmholtz use to connect with Jim? What strategies did Jaime Escalante use to connect with his students?
- Why do difficult or hard to teach students such as Jim“matter”?
- Using your course text as a guide, what is culturally responsive teaching and why is it important? With that, share an example of what culturally responsive teaching might ‘look like’ in your future classroom (e.g., anticipated grade level and/or content area of interest.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!