PLEASE WRITE THE QUESTION AND ANSWER AND EACH QUESTION WRITE A REERENCEAS ALSO AND THE END OF THE ASSESSMENT write all the references has been used
Assessment 1 – Short Answer Questions
1. List 3 common communication techniques when dealing with a difficult person?
2. What is the difference between “assertiveness” and “hostility”? Please give an example of each in your answer.
3. In your own words please explain the term “emotional intelligence” or “EI”.
4. Please give one example of a person acting in practice with a high “EI” approach.
Please give one example of a person acting in practice with a low “EI” approach.
5. How can legislation e.g. Legal Profession Act 2007 (
Use this following example to answer question:
A client visits the customer service desk at your legal organisation/firm who is extremely distressed about the conduct of a legal practitioner (who does not work in your organisation but you know and have always respected). The client does not know what to do or where to go. You need to meet your moral and ethical obligations here and deal with the issue professionally.
Note: Refer to Chapter 4 of the LPA 2007 Section 429 and explain how you would make the client aware of this legislation, and do a basic referral to the appropriate professional body e.g. Queensland Law or Society (see link below) or refer to and use the body in your state or territory. It is advised that you check the QLS website above to ascertain what procedural steps are suggested by their organisation.
6. Referring to the Question 5 scenario; in your own words also explain the skills you would draw on to remain objective and keep professionally detached from the situation, but still give the client the assistance he/she needs.
7. The legal assistant will be required to combine communication skills, literacy skills, computer skills and judgment to make decisions about what actions you will need to do when receiving enquiries. Name two (2) judgments you will need to make when receiving enquiries?
8. Name (3) techniques you could employ when entering into negotiations with external parties such as government agencies, other professionals and third parties?
9. Explain the concept of “mutual respect” and how mutual respect helps to establish trusting and respectful relationships within your work environment?
10. Refer to the Australian Solicitor’s Conduct Rules 2012 and research the chapter on ‘Relations with Clients’, specifically this rule:Rule 9 Confidentiality.
Next, explain in your own words the implications for you as a responsible legal support officer in the following scenario?
A client’s sister has telephoned the legal firm and you answer the call. The sister requests that you advise her of the time of her sister’s Family Court hearing regarding a custody application. The sister wants to attend to support her sister and says she cannot raise her sister by telephone. It’s important to her as she needs to arrange to babysit.
Explain how you would politely address this problem taking into account the limitations imposed by the legal practitioner and/or support workers in relation to client confidentiality under Rule 9? What creative ideas could you use to avoid offending the client’s sister?
11. In the above scenario; the caller may become angry and frustrated and demand you give the information out immediately? Explain how you would handle the conflict in this situation?
12. Describe (3) communication basics you have studied; and suggest strategies that might be utilised to receive, process, and respond to enquiries?
13. Explain the difference between internal clients and external clients of an organisation?
14. Identify (3) barriers that may occur during the communication process, and suggest ideas to overcome such barriers in your practice?
15. A client has been waiting for more than 15 minutes in the reception area and you fear the practitioner may have forgotten the client is waiting. What method of communication would you use to discreetly remind the practitioner of the waiting client?
16. Refer to question 15 above; the practitioner is embarrassed at forgetting the waiting client, is also stressed and not coping with the workload. The practitioner doesn’t take your reminder in the context it was intended and thinks you are overstepping the mark here. Explain your reply when challenged by the practitioner in the manner below?
Example reply: I don’t need you reminding me, do you think I forgot a client? Honestly, you have no idea how busy I am, mind your own business and do your own work. My clients are my concern, not yours, you are just a support worker so butt out and remember that!!
17. Describe (3) advantages of having a work/life balance.
18. Describe briefly (4) interpersonal skills required for forming effective working relationships?
19. Suggest and briefly explain (2) ways that we can become more empathetic towards others in our workplace which will help to nurture newly formed and existing relationships?
20. Can criticism be constructive or negative and damaging? Explain the difference and give an example for each.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions