Background: Many major cities in the United States have been plagued by high crime rates and there is enormous pressure on police commissioners to get these rates down. One method currently used to help accomplish this mission is called Computer Statistics, or more commonly known as COMPSTAT. COMPSTAT is a method whereby statistical measurements of crime are routinely tracked and monitored. There are normally weekly meetings conducted by the police commissioner and the command staff in which police district commanders show the data for their districts, explain increases in crime rates, analyze problems, and offer solutions. The underlying concept is that a police commander should understand the problem before there can be resolutions. The controversy comes from the way the COMPSTAT meetings are conducted. In some cases, district commanders are overly scrutinized, embarrassed, and the sessions become negative. In some districts, COMPSTAT has been eliminated or curtailed in some jurisdictions because the sense of penalty outweighs the positive potential.
Assignment: In this assignment, you will evaluate the use and implementation of the COMPSTAT process. You will first analyze the COMPSTAT process to identify positive and negative elements. From that analysis, you will provide an assessment of the effectiveness of the COMPSTAT methodology. You will provide a rationale based on facts from your research on the topic and materials offered in the course. Your research references will include at least two journal articles or other reference documents relating to the effectiveness of the COMPSTAT process. Your written assessment must be a minimum of five pages of 12-point font, double-spaced type, not including cover page and References. Resources must be properly cited within the body of the text and reflected in the References using APA citation rules.
Format your paper in accordance with these writing requirements:
- Include a Cover page: with the title of the paper, your name, class title, date of submission, and Turnitin percentage.
- Introduction: Make an introductory statement about the topic of your paper, the points you are attempting to make or discover. Provide the purpose of your paper.
- Article Summary and comparison: Summarize the main points of the journal articles you have chosen. Then, compare and contrast the articles. Discuss whether they reach the same conclusion or not. How are they alike? How do they differ?
- Conclusion: Provide a focused, concise conclusion based on your analysis of the articles and logical findings, explaining why COMPSTAT should or should not be used.
- References: Please provide References on a separate page and provide complete citations in accordance with the APA style manual.
Paper 2: Best Practices of Specialty Courts (5 pages, 6 References)
Background: We have read about and discussed the pervasive impact that the use of controlled dangerous substances (CDS)/illicit drugs has had on your community, not only as it relates to high addiction levels, but also as to its direct correlation with the commission of other crimes as well.
Assignment: The objective of this assignment is to evaluate the purpose and effectiveness of a specialty court known as Drug Court. Drug Court can, by the use of individually tailored treatment modalities controlled by the court and strict compliance features, reduce individual drug reliance and overall rates of recidivism. Some studies show success, while others show the overall cost of such courts to be grossly disproportionate to their degree of success.
Students are to use library resources to find at least three journal articles (or other reference documents) relating to the effectiveness of Drug Court. The submitted paper must be a minimum of five pages of 12-point font, double-spaced type, not including cover page and References. Resources must be reflected in References, using APA citation rules.
Paper Formatting Requirements:
- Cover page: Include the title of the paper, your name, the class title, and date of submission.
- Section 1 — Introduction: Make an introductory statement about the topic of your paper. What point are you attempting to make, provide, or discover? Provide the purpose of the paper.
- Section 2: Summarize the main points of the three articles, using correct citations.
- Section 3: Compare and contrast the three articles. Do they reach the same conclusion? How are they alike? How do they differ? How does the text deal with the topics as discussed in the articles? What conclusions are reached in the three articles?
- Section 4 – Conclusion: Based on your analysis of the articles and their conclusions, along with the text, do you believe drug courts are an effective use of resources, decrease incarceration rates and reduce overall recidivism rates?
- References: “References” must be correctly cited in APA format.
Paper 3: Case Study on Best Practices in corrections (5 pages, 6 References)
Background: We have discussed and read about the enormous problems and issues that affect the corrections field today. We are faced with issues that include illiteracy, sickness, mental illness, drug and alcohol addiction, prison gangs, overcrowding, dwindling resources etc. Correctional leaders also need to prepare inmates to go home and be productive citizens and to reduce recidivism. As a result, Correctional administrators have to spend their limited resources wisely and get the most value for their efforts.
Assignment: Select a program area that you would like to explore to determine the best practices or exemplary programs operated by correctional systems.
Research the field of corrections, correctional journals, correctional periodicals, various departments of corrections, and other resources to identify exemplary correction programs for the area that you have selected.
Determine the elements of these programs that make them exemplary and would be considered best practice in the correctional field.
Write up your findings in a report that provides a description of the program, the elements that lead to the success of the program, and the program structure and design that provide for an effective and successful correctional program.
The possible best practices program choices:
- Correctional Mental Health
- Correctional Health Care
- Correctional Education
- Correctional Substance Abuse
- Reentry Programs
- Parole and Probation Supervision
- Correctional Sex Offender Programs
If you have another area that you would like to explore for this project, contact the instructor for permission to research another program area.
The submitted project must be a minimum of five pages of 12-point font, double-spaced type, not including cover page and References. Resources must be reflected on a Reference page, using APA citation rules.
Paper Formatting requirements:
- Cover page: Include the title of your paper, your name, class title and date of submission.
- Section 1-Introduction: Make an introductory statement about the topic of your paper, what points you are attempting to make or discover? Provide the purpose of your paper.
- Section 2: Provide a description of the program you have selected.
- Section 3: Discuss the key elements of the program that will make it successful.
- Section 4: Discuss any empirical evidence or other evidence that demonstrates effectiveness.
- Section 5-Conclusion: Based on your analysis of the readings and research, explain why you think this program will be effective and how it will compliment other inmate programs.
- References: References must be correctly cited using APA citation rules.
Paper 4: Criminal Justice Technology (8 pages, 10 References)
Background: In recent years technology has expanded rapidly in the criminal justice profession. The technology has spanned the entire criminal justice community to include police administration, courts, corrections, counter terrorism, interoperable information management systems etc. Some of the specific technologies include thermal imaging, body cameras, biometrics, link-analysis, less-lethal weapons, gang intelligence systems, global positioning systems, automatic license plate recognition systems and offender management systems, to name a few.
Assignment: Select a current criminal justice technology that is of interest to you. Thoroughly research that technology and prepare a report on that specific technology. The technology selected can be any of those listed above or any other similar and recent technology used in the criminal justice system.
The submitted project must be a minimum of eight pages of 12-point font, double-spaced type, not including cover page and References. Resources must be reflected in a Reference, using APA citation rules.
Paper Formatting Requirements:
- Cover Page: Include the title of the paper, your name, the class title and date of submission.
- Section 1- Introduction: Make an introductory statement about the topic of your paper. What points are you attempting to make, provide, or discover?
- Section 2: Provide a complete description of the technology, explain why it was invented and how it is used.
- Section 3: Analyze the key elements of the technology and explain how is used in the context of a criminal justice system. Is it compatible with other technologies or systems? How it enhances effectiveness, its cost analysis, empirical testing or evaluation should be explained. Include any disadvantages of implementing it.
- Section 4-Conclusion: Based on the analysis of your research, do you believe the technology is effective and how should it be implemented?
- References: References should be correctly cited using APA citation rules.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions