Understanding and describing children’s development and learning, cultivating careful observation skills, and the ability to analyze and describe insights about developmental characteristics form a critical foundation to your doctoral work. In this Assignment, which spans 1 week, you watch a video of children between the ages of birth and 5 that does not include narration. Based on your observation, you create your own narration. You will be assessed on your ability to provide insights and descriptions of children’s developmental characteristics.
Carefully review developmental characteristics of children between the ages of birth and 5 in your Learning Resources, and watch the Laureate Education media segment Virtual Field Experience: The Developmental Continuum. Be sure to view the media segment several times, annotating characteristics you will highlight in your narration.
Based on the unnarrated video, describe the developmental characteristics you observe of a child, or children, between birth and 2 and ages 3 and 5. You are required to provide a podcast narration or a transcript of the video that includes the following:
• A description of characteristics and milestones observed
• An overview of each developmental domain
• A description of the interrelationship between developmental domains
After completing your narration, write a 2- to 3-page summary paper that addresses the following reflection questions:
• How did the process of focusing on development complement your knowledge and interest in the field?
• What questions emerged for you during the process of observing development and narrating the video?
• What interests were sparked for you in terms of your future research?
• What concerns do you have related to possible assumptions one might make in the process of observing and narrating this segment and in other early childhood settings?
For a custom paper on the above topic or any other topic, place your order now!
What Awaits you:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers