Choose a topic from the list below (or choose a topic of your own) to use as the foundation for this assessment. Use the Capella library and Internet to locate academic and professional articles on the topic. Use a minimum of three (at least one academic and one professional) recent (within the last 5 years) articles as resources for this assessment.
• The effect of maternal stress on prenatal development.
• Prenatal exposure to drugs and the effects on brain development.
• Environmental influences on prenatal development. Please select only one:
o Outside environmental hazards.
o Medications (legal and illegal).
o Alcohol and tobacco.
• The effect of maternal post-partum depression on newborn infant development.
• The effects of premature birth on the developing infant.
To complete this assessment:
• Describe the problem as it exists today in the United States. Be sure to include any statistics on frequency, geographic distribution, cultural distribution, and so on.
• Explain how the problem affects the developing infant.
• Explain how the research findings have influenced both social thinking and social policies with regard to the problem.
• If a client came to you with the problem you selected, what one intervention would you recommend?
• Written communication: Your writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
• APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to APA style.
• Resources: Minimum of 3 scholarly or professional resources. Note: Popular resources such as Wikipedia or About.com are not considered to be appropriate.
• Length: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages not including title page and reference page.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.