Plan a play session with a 24 months child and observe the child’s performance.
• Briefly introduce the child
• For the session you planned, discuss how you chose the play activities to be age appropriate, meaningful and attractive to the child, and how you suggested your partner to grade the activity;
• Analyse the child’s development by focusing on quality of performance in play. The following are some examples of “quality”
Complexity: can refer to the use of skills involved i.e. able to handle multi level of skills needed for construction of imagined, in-reality structures with blocks, etc.; or performing the activity in a complex ways
Variety: can refer to the demonstration of using various materials, or performing the activity in various ways
Efficiency: completed in a timely manner/speed, without long pauses
Effectiveness: manipulated tools accurately
Fluency: completing in a timely manner
Level of concentration required
Difficulty for the child
Smoothness of transitions
Justify the interpretations with specific examples from the observations. Comment on which areas of development they were stronger in, and any skills that are still developing. Compare the child’s development and performance to the academic literature regarding the typical development of other children their age.
• Discuss the child’s playfulness according to the Model of Playfulness categories. Explain how your observations illustrate the aspects of playfulness. Analyse how aspects of the environment positively or negatively impacted the child’s playfulness.
Summary report regarding child’s performance and behaviours in the two play sessions. This will involve:
• Organise findings about the child’s development according to the domains of Knox play observation assessment.
• Summarise the way the child plays (i.e., playfulness).
• Present the report in the style a therapist might typically report the essence and meaning of the findings to the parents. Thus, it is important to consider both the report’s layout as well as the type of language used (plain), so that you accurately reflect their child’s capabilities within a concise, easy to understand and respectful manner.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions