You are required to conduct a Transport Assessment to examine whether the transport network can accommodate the additional travel demand generated by the business park.
You will undertake the following tasks:
• Conduct an assessment of existing transport provision around the site. This includes:
• Describing the local road network;
• Summarising current levels of Public Transport provision;
• Describing existing facilities for pedestrians and cyclists; and
• Identifying recent collision rates in the area.
• Calculate the maximum number of parking spaces (for cycles, disabled people and general parking) allowable at the extended business park. You will use parking guidelines for new developments set out by the local authority (available on blackboard).
• Derive an estimate of the number of new trips generated by the business park development in the morning peak period using TRICs (a user name and password is available on blackboard).
• Examine the impact of the additional trips on the UWE roundabout:
• Use the roundabout geometry and JUNCTIONS model prepared during coursework assignment 1.
• Baseline traffic counts for the ‘before development’ scenario are provided separately on blackboard.
• Assume that the distribution of the generated trips (in terms of turning movements at the junction) is in the same proportion as the traffic count provided.
• Model the UWE roundabout before and after construction of the business park and identify whether the roundabout is operating within capacity in both cases.
• Suggest appropriate modifications to the UWE roundabout and site access (if deemed necessary) and/or suggest whether the travel demand generated by the new development should be reduced.
• Identify ‘Travel Planning’ measures that should be put in place to encourage users of the business park to commute by non-car modes where possible.
• Make a recommendation as to whether the development should be granted planning permission.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions