Introduction to Community and Population Health: HSHA 332
“A Community Health Approach”
Your textbook focuses on a variety of subjects that are recognized issues within communities, as well as the public in general. However, for this research project we will focus more on the community. Select a subject issue from the list provided below, and follow the roadmap.
Health of the elderly
Maternal, infant, and child health issues
Adolescents and young adults
Adult health issues
Mental health issues
Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
Environmental health and safety
Racial and ethnic populations
Treat this roadmap as a guide. I do not expect that every item below pertains to your subject, but it’s designed to provide direction. With that said, the student is expected to use available information that is relevant to the subject matter at hand. Add additional information/items as necessary.
1. Briefly define your subject, and discuss how your subject is considered a community health issue.
a. How is it a problem?
b. Why is it a problem?
c. What population(s) are affected?
d. What health issues are involved?
• Health problems
• Health risks
• Various illnesses
2. Provide a detailed account of your subject’s history within the community. In other words, has it always been an issue within the community? At what point in time was it considered a community health issue?
3. From the list above, at a minimum, select two other subjects that have a direct affect on your particular subject. Discuss the interrelationship between your subject and the other subjects you have chosen. How are they linked?
a. Describe the direct impact and/or affect the other subjects have on your subject.
b. What is the direct impact and/or affect within the community?
c. What is its overall health impact within the community?
4. Health care.
a. What is the impact on the health care system?
b. Is there an issue with the delivery of health care?
5. Addressing the problem: community involvement, program development, and program implementation.
a. How will you organize the community regarding your health issue?
b. How will you get the community involved?
c. What program(s) will you put in place to address the issue(s)?
• What health education program(s) will you develop? Describe.
• What type of health promotion program(s) will you develop? Describe.
d. Is a disease prevention program applicable? Explain.
e. What about your interventions?
Things to Include:
1. In your discussion you are to provide statistics and data in support of your talking points (i.e., health outcomes, morbidity rates, mortality rates, etc.).
2. Your response should focus on certain demographics or population groups that are affected (i.e., children, adults, seniors, male or female, certain age groups, etc.), or you may provide an all-inclusive general discussion, singling-out a specific population where appropriate.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written paper