The Final Paper will involve applying the concepts learned in class to an analysis of a company using data from its annual report. Using the concepts from this course, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the company and write a report either recommending or not recommending purchase of the company stock.
Research Tip: The “Mergent” database in the Ashford University Library contains company profiles and financial information for publicly traded companies and their competitors. To access this database enter the Ashford Library and select “Find Articles and More” in the top menu panel. Next, select “Databases A-Z” and go to section “M” for “Mergent”. For help with using Mergent, use Mergent Online Quick Tips.
For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp.
The completed report should include:
- An introduction to the company, including background information.
- A complete and thorough financial statement review.
- Pro Forma financial statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for the next fiscal year, assuming a 10 percent growth rate in sales and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) for the next year.
- Complete ratio analysis for the last fiscal year using at least two ratios from each of the following categories:
- Financial leverage
- Asset management
- Market value
- A calculation of Return on Equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
- Assessment of management performance by calculating Economic Value Added (EVA).
- A synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and rationale for whether or not to purchase stock from this company.
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, such as the textbook, industry reports, and articles from the Ashford University library to support your findings and recommendations.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!
You May Also Like This:
- financial statement analysis
- public relations assignment
- To Accept or Reject a Client [CLO: 1-7]
- Developing Professional Résumés
- Finance for Managers
- .How do memory and intelligence change as we age
- organizational behavior
- Emerging Issues in Criminal Justice Policy
- Is Torture Ever Permissible?
- Modifying the Second Amendment
- Female Smokers
- Evaluating Ashford University Institutional and Program Outcomes
- Business Ethics
- Does social media enhance or hinder interpersonal relationships?
- Environmental Compliance Manager
- Scientific Thinking
- risis Response Analyzing a Corporate Crisis
- corporate finance decisions
- MSc Corporate Finance
- Information Literacy
- Writing Self-Assessment
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) is a sportswear company engaged in the development, marketing and distribution of branded performance apparel, footwear and accessories for consumers
- Corporate Reporting
- Statistical Concept of Research Final Paper
- academic and professional pursuits
- Critique of a research study
- race/ethnicity and gender effect on the socioeconomic status
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility in the Workplace and the World
- Hypothetical Research Paper on Chocolate Improving Memory