Master’s prepared nurses actively engage in the process of translating nursing knowledge into practice, thereby establishing evidence-based approaches within the discipline. Throughout this process, a theoretical framework provides a meaningful context to guide and support the evidence-based practice. The purpose of this assignment is to identify a nursing theory or model which can be used as a framework for a future evidence-based project within the MSN program.
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes:
- CO 1: Demonstrate logical and creative thinking in the analysis and application of a theory to nursing practice.
- CO 2: Apply nursing theory as a framework to guide the translation of knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practice in future professional settings.
- CO 4: Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to the components, relationships among the components, and application to advanced nursing practice.
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 200 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 7.
Criteria for Content
Review literature regarding issues or concerns within your selected area of advanced practice nursing.
Select a nursing theory or model which is relevant to your selected area of advanced practice nursing and would offer a meaningful context for evidence-based practice surrounding the issue or concern which you identified.
- In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
- Introduction to the presentation
- Identify and describe a theory or model, and explain its relevance to the selected area of advanced practice
- Describe an issue or concern regarding the selected area of advanced practice, and explain its impact on health care outcomes
- Explain how the nursing theory or model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or model.
- Conclusion to the presentation. Connect your nursing philosophy to the application of theory related to the situation being addressed.
- References in APA current edition format
Preparing the presentation
- Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create the PowerPoint presentation.
- Length: The PowerPoint presentation should be 7 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
- Speaker notes are used and include in-text citations when applicable.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used.
- Name must appear on the title slide
- Submission: Submit your files.
Our writers are ready to help you complete the question above. Place an order or leave a message below for assistance