Assignment Overview: For this assignment you will do one of the following: propose an idea/plan, solve a problem, or identify a need. Your topic may be business, education, or community-related, but should be very specific (examples: A Proposal to Start a New T-Shirt Design at Smith’s Clothes Store, A Plan for a Fund Raiser at ASU’s School of Business). For any of these projects you will need to conduct research, and write a document, proposal, or problem/solution based on your findings. Depending on your area of interest and expertise you may choose any number of approaches to this project. In addition, the document should have a specific audience.
Real-world Context: Regardless of your topic or the type of report you decide on, you will want to create a “reasonable, real-world context” for this assignment. The report should be factual and accurate; you will do real research to develop the document rather than make up facts and figures, so that the report is one that could be submitted the audience you have identified. Typically, a proposal or recommendation report will involve identifying a problem and the choices available in creating a solution to the problem.
You may choose one of the following structures for your final project: Report, Proposal, or Problem/Solution.
Parts: These structures vary depending on your approach, but should generally have the following parts:
• Cover Sheet (see the examples in Chapter 15),
• Table of Contents
• Letter to the audience (aka “Letter of Transmittal”)
• Executive Summary
• Sections that cover the proposal/idea/problem/solution and all its components (such as
overview, cost, personnel, schedule/chronology – this depends on your project, but you should look at examples as the structures are fairly common)
• Works Cited Page.
Once you settle on a topic, you will post a brief abstract regarding the purpose of this report on the discussion board (keep up-to-date on the discussion board to see when I want those). Include information such as why this topic was chosen, who is the audience for this report, and why you think he/she/they will care about your findings.
1. Length: The report will be at least 5 pages, single-spaced (the page count is excluding cover, table of contents, and the works cited page).
2. Font/Type: Use a 10 to 12 pt., easy to read font type (Times New Roman or Arial).
3. Visual aids (up to 4 Graphs, Charts, Images) may be inserted into the body of the report (not attached
The type of report or proposal you choose will be unique. An initial outline of the idea and scope of the project should be drafted and can act as the framework for your project. You will need to think about how you will compile the necessary information. (The outline will not be turned in as part of the assignment).
Other Things to Consider:
• Before beginning this assignment, review the proposal sections of chapters 9 and 10, but, depending on your subject you may need to review the other chapters of the book.
• You will need to make this document appear professional and show me that you understand business communication and reports.
• Use a logical document structure and transitions/headings/headlines – i.e. introduce your project before discussing a budget or offering a conclusion or recommendation.
• Include a breakdown of the costs involved – with an outline of the hourly rates for each person involved in the project, the supplies needed, etc.
• Address your proposal /recommendation to a company, agency or person. Although you will not be submitting your proposal as part of your project, you should be able to do so.
• Use common language — even when describing extremely technical concepts. Your report should be clear and understandable, written in language that the audience of your particular document would easily comprehend. It should contain visual elements, financial data, and all other information crucial to the successful acceptance of your proposal /recommendation.
• 1 to 4 visual aids must be properly labeled and incorporated into your report
Submission information: The Final Draft of the project will be due in the Safe Assign or via e-mail as an
attachment (pdf format is recommended).
Due Date: The final project should be submitted by the last day of regular classes for the semester.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written paper