The purpose of this discussion is to present the information from Course Project Part 3. This discussion provides an opportunity for you to understand your classmates’ viewpoints that may differ from your own and will enhance learning.
The purpose of this discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO 3: Describe culturally competent nursing care across the lifespan. (PO 4)
- There are three parts to the project.
- There will be graded Project Check-ins that correlate to each part.
- The topic selected in Part 1 will be the same one used in parts 2 and 3.
- Review the table below for overview and due dates with each topic.
- Carefully review the instructions, templates, and rubrics for each of the three parts as you begin this Course Project.
- Contact your instructor with questions.
|Part 1 completed Week 3|
|Part 2 completed Week 4|
|Part 3 completed Week 6|
|Discussion of Topics||100||Two posts (answer post and reply post) on two different days by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7|
During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
This discussion prompts you to identify and discuss cultural competence in professional nursing. You must present your Week 6: Course Project Part 3 Poster to your classmates. Please submit the poster as an attachment so your classmates can review this information. Please address the following in the discussion box:
- Cultural population selected and why
- Health issue selected and why
- Highlight three or more key points from your poster
Scholarly outside sources are included and credited on your poster.