The purpose of this discussion is for learners to identify community data that impacts social factors of health.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO1 Apply principles of nursing to the public health system (PO1)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 1
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 1
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
There are many factors that make people healthy or ill. This week we will focus on the social factors and determinants that impact health.
It is time to get out into your community!
- Go online to the U.S. Census Bureau at https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/ (Links to an external site.) (*note, you will be using this website in the Week 2 assignment, so you can get started on collecting all the required data if desired)
- Input your local zip code, city, or county. Try to get as specific data as possible (city, township, county).
- Next, identify the:
- Total population
- Median income
- Percentage or number of persons living in poverty
- Go to your local grocery store, use a flyer, or app. Include the stores name, city, and state. Identify cost for the following items (please note whether items are organic):
- 1 gallon of milk
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 bag of apples (include price per pound)
- 1 bag of carrots
- 1 large container of yogurt
- 1 2-liter of soda
- 1 bag of chips
- 1 package of cookies
- Utilizing the data collected, discuss social factors that might impact what groceries are purchased. Try to be as specific to your community as possible (location, availability, poverty levels, etc.).
- Discuss how a community health nurse (CHN) could use one of the 17 intervention categories from the Public Health Intervention Wheel to address areas of food security (Nies & McEwen, 2019).
- In your responses to classmates, include comparisons and contrasting information.
Your discussion post should look like:
- Paragraph one: Utilizing the data collected, discuss a social factor that might impact what groceries are purchased. Try to be as specific to your community as possible (location, availability, poverty levels, etc.)
- Paragraph two: Utilizing the data collected, discuss another social factor that might impact what groceries are purchased. Try to be as specific to your community as possible (location, availability, poverty levels, etc.)
- Paragraph three: Discuss how a community health nurse (CHN) could use one of the 17 intervention categories from the Public Health Intervention Wheel to address areas of food security
- Resources: Where did you find your data?
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
You May Also Like This:
- NR443-14471 Week 1 Discussion: Social Factors Go online to the U.S. Census Bureau at https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/ (Links to an external site.) (*note, you will be using this website in the Week 2 assignment, so you can get started on collecting all the required data if desired)
- NR443 Week 8 Social Media Discussion: Past, Present, and Future
- NR443 Week 3 Social Media Discussion: Population Health Problems
- NR443 Week 5 Social Media Discussion: Healthcare Policies and Population Health
- NR443-14471 Week 3 Social Media Discussion: Choose one of the following population health problems to focus on: Substance use and/or abuse Environmental health (air, water, ground, energy, climate, etc.) https://www3.epa.gov/myem/envmap/find.html (Links to an external site.) has a wealth of information Violence Abuse
- NR443 Week 7 Discussion: Communities and Disaster Preparedness
- NR443 Week 6: Direct Care Project Part 4: Evaluating the Project
- NR443-14471 Week 7 Discussion: Communities and Disaster Preparedness Explore your community and find an advertisement that represents helping community members be prepared for a disaster. Examples could be a billboard, poster at a bus stop, marquee sign, flyer, yard sign and more. Example: Sign advertising ‘free’ flu vaccinations at a local pharmacy.
- NR443 Week 2: Direct Care Project Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis
- NR443 Week 4: Direct Care Project Part 2: Planning the Presentation
- Psychological and Social Factors That Can Influence the Way an Individual Experiences Pain
- C229 Task 1 Social Media Campaign
- the economic and social factors that occurred in Brazil during the last 5 years that would cause Brazil’s economy to downturn even more than it has
- Self-Assessment of Modifiable Risk Factors
- NR 305 Week 2 Discussion: Assessment for Health Promotion
- social justice
- NURS 6053N Week 4 Discussion 1: Leadership Theories in Practice
- Finding “factors for” and “factors against” a position
- Social Work Practice and Field
- Explain social, economic determinants of health such as unemployment, education, discrimination and income.
- How does social responsibility impact both companies and consumers?
- social entrepreneurship
- Factors that impact the validity and reliability of various assessment tools
- SOCS 185 Discuss Considering Social Class
- Living in Poverty
- SOC 185 Discuss Personal Experiences in Social Societies
- NR601 Week 1: Discussion Board – Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Provide a brief 3-5 sentence summary of the components of the domain assessment*
- Topic: Critical examination and Social Affairs and social rights in Saudi Arabia
- HUMN 303N Week 1 Discussion 1: The Value of the Humanities
- macro environment factors