Nurse’s Touch provides interactives that will enhance students’ knowledge, skills, and attitudes with important topics and scenarios in nursing practice. Each module provides case studies along with a practice and proctored assessment of content comprehension.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 1: Explain expected client behaviors while differentiating between normal findings, variations, and abnormalities. (PO 1)
CO 2: Utilize prior knowledge of theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to integrate clinical judgment in professional decision-making and implementation of nursing process while obtaining a physical assessment. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 3: Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning. (PO 1)
CO 4: Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO 3)
CO 5: Demonstrate beginning skill in performing a complete physical examination, using the techniques of inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation. (PO 2)
CO 6: Identify teaching/learning needs from the health history of an individual. (POs 2 and 5)
CO 7: Explore the professional responsibility involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (POs 6 and 7)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 75 points each use in course
Preparing the assignment
1. Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
a. Computer with internet access
b. Access to ATI
c. Recommend using Firefox browser and clearing your cookies and cache if you are accessing ATI on laptop or desktop computer.
d. Log into your My ATI account and select the assigned activity.
• Nurse’s Touch Professional Communication: Factors that Affect Communication with Individuals and Groups
• Nurse’s Touch Professional Communication: Organizational Communication
2. Include the following sections.
a. Complete Module and Post Test – 75 points/100%
• Time of participation in module may be required at faculty discretion.
• Actual points earned will be based on the percentage earned on the first attempt multiplied by the total points possible.
I. Example: If the assignment is worth 20 points, and you get 50% of the questions correct, you will earn 10 points (50% X 20 divided by 100% = 10)
II. If you score less than 79% on the first attempt, you must submit a 150 word reflection on three clinical points that can be used in nursing practice using information from the module. Communication techniques (If reflection not submitted, you will not receive points for additional attempts.)
III. You may retake the module and test, after a 24-hour lock-out between attempts to score additional points as follows. (Note: Total score with additional points cannot be greater than 100%.)
b. Retake Quiz
May retake the quiz under the following parameters in order to receive additional percentage points. Additional percentage will only be added to first attempt so it is important to do well on first attempt.
• Additional 5% will be added to first attempt if the second attempt falls between 90-100%.
• Additional 3% will be added to first attempt if the second attempt falls between 79-89%.
• Additional percentage added can’t exceed 100% for overall total.
• Must wait 24 hours between attempts at retaking quiz.
c. Reflective Journal – 0 points
If received less than 79% on first attempt, must submit a reflection prior to retaking quiz that includes:
• 150 words required
• Three clinical points that can be used in practice
• Reflective points from module content
• Logical reflective flow which follows standard grammatical rules with minimal (1-2) misspellings
• Please note that all 4 points must be met in reflection prior to retaking quiz.
• Must wait 24 hours between attempts to retake quiz.
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar), visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
Please note that your instructor may provide you with additional assessments in any form to determine that you fully understand the concepts learned in the review module.