Write a reflection addressing the topics of intelligence testing and careers in and applications of biological psychology. Base your reflections on your own experiences and your readings of scholarly sources on the topics.
One way of measuring intelligence is by taking an intelligence test, such as an IQ test. The most popular IQ test is given through Mensa; however, there are many different intelligence tests given in other contexts, such as the SAT, ACT, and GRE, among others.
Intelligence is the ability to reason, to understand, and to profit from experience. The Assessment 5 Contextdocument contains additional information about the following topics:
- Intelligence Quotient (IQ).
- Lumpers or Splitters.
- IQ Correlations.
- Unanswered Questions.
- Current Trends.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- Assessment 5 ContextSEE ATTACHED
The following e-books or articles from the University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Koch, C., & Greenfield, S. (2007). How does consciousness happen?Scientific American, 297(4), 76–83.
Course Library Guide
The University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the PSYC-FP4310 – Biological Psychology Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- Mensa International. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.mensa.org/
- You may wish to explore the Mensa Web site and take the intelligence quiz.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required.
Garrett, B. (2015). Brain & behavior: An introduction to biological psychology (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 13, “Intelligence and Cognitive Functioning,” reviews some of the problems with defining and measuring intelligence.
- Chapter 11, “The Body Sense and Movement,” explores how several brain structures work together to produce movement.
- Chapter 15, “Sleep and Consciousness,” reviews sleep disorders and what causes them.
- Assessment Instructions
This assessment has two parts, Part A and Part B. Please complete both parts in one document.
Consider an intelligence test you once took, and address the following questions. The following questions are the required headings; do not incorporate the questions into the content of the answers.
- Do you think the test was a fair assessment of intelligence?
- Which questions do you feel most accurately gauged “intelligence?” Which did you find bothersome?
- What did you learn about yourself from the test?
- What factors might confuse the definition of intelligence? Could intelligence tests be biased? Explain.
Address the following questions, using the library to find relevant sources and to add depth to your answers. The following questions are the required headings; do not incorporate the questions into the content of the answers.
- What careers other than psychology would benefit from a foundational knowledge of biological psychology?
- What are the practical applications of biological psychology?
- How will you apply what you have learned in this course to your life?
- Written Communication:Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting:Resources and citations should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Font and Font Size:Times New Roman, 12-point font, and double spaced. Use Microsoft Word to complete the assessment.
- Length:Write a minimum of 3 pages, excluding the title page and reference page (150–300 words per question).
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further order now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!