THIS IS THE ASSIGMENT
This week’s unit focused on the use of the grid in city planning.
- Compare and contrast the use of the grid in Los Angeles and in New York. What were the origins for the use of the grid in each case, and how has this design feature influenced these cities more recently?
- Identify at least one positive and at least one negative outcome of the use of the grid in American cities.
MY CLASSMATE ANSWER
1) From reading about the Grid I can say that the use of the Grid is much higher in New York than in Los Angeles. Over 4.3 million people in New York use the underground subway everyday and look at a Grid every time they need to see where they’re next stop is. Most of the times people in Los Angeles are using their GPS and have the device to tell them where to go.
In Los Angeles the use of the grid began in 1769. After the arrival of the Spanish. That is when a central plaza was created, where streets would extend at angles from the plaza.
In New York the use of the grid began in 1811 with the Commissioner’s Plan. This grid plan is known as one of the most important documents in the development of the city of New York.
In my opinion the streets influence their physical development. For example, Broadway in New york, the heart of theatre. Or even Rodeo Dr. in Los Angeles, the shopping district.
2) Los Angeles: Positive- In a few places the grids are organized and point North, South, east, and West.
Negative- Los Angeles has clashing street grids.
New York: Positive- The fact that a significant amount of people use the subway everyday.
Negative- I have been reading articles after articles and cant find one negative thing about New York’s street grids! All I have been reading about is how Great the street grids are and how much better they are than most places in the US.
I NEED TO WRITE A COMMENT TO HIS ANSWER
THIS IS HOW THE COMMET SHOULD BE “respond to one or more students’ initial post. This response should be brief yet substantive, inquisitive and courteous. In other words, be engaged with your fellow student’s ideas, ask him or her questions to both gain deeper understanding and to challenge their assumptions, however, always treat others with respect. This post should be about three or four sentences.”
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written paper