The separation of the juvenile court from the adult court for hearing juvenile delinquency cases is a major social justice statement. The textbook lays out five critical thinking questions at the end of Chapter 6. Select one for your initial post to the discussion:
- Should the philosophy of the juvenile court system be rehabilitative or punitive? Defend your position.
- Has Child Protective Services “run its course” like some critics suggest? Or should it be revamped? How would you revamp such a service?
- Teen courts have become a popular option for diverting youth. Is there a downside in involving the youth’s peers in the process? Support your case.
- Although most states have retained their transfer laws, the rate of transfers to adult court has remained stable. Why do you think this is the case?
- Do you agree with the U.S. Supreme Court in regards to the Roper v. Simmons and Miller v. Alabama cases? Why are or why not?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7 and continue to support your arguments with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources. Review your classmates’ opinions in light of your understanding of the juvenile justice system. In your response, focus on alternative juvenile court solutions addressed in your readings. Provide a different perspective that either supports your classmate’s opinion or provides an alternative opinion. How does the juvenile court issue affect our social justice goals?
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!