Due Date: Dec 10, 2015 23:59:59 Max Points: 260
Imagery and cognitive mapping originally focused on visual and spatial relations. Reading the literature prior to the discovery of the mirror neuron system by Giacomo Rizzolatti and his colleagues, one can see that many researchers observed phenomena in humans that implied the existence of mirror neurons. Keeping in mind characteristics of mirror neurons, this assignment will ask you to consider the application of imagery and cognitive mapping as tools to enhance transfer of information from short-term to long-term memory.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Scan the section “Using Imagery to Improve Memory “in chapter 10 of the textbook. This will provide background information for this assignment.
- This assignment uses a grading rubric.
- Include two scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that addresses the application of imagery and cognitive mapping as tools to enhance transfer of information from short-term to long-term memory. Include the following in your paper:
- A description of imagery and cognitive mapping and their common applications
- A statement of how imagery and cognitive mapping might be applied to the improvement of long-term memory
A statement regarding the role of mirror neurons with regard to imagery, cognitive mapping, and information transfer
A thorough description and common applications of imagery and cognitive mapping are presented. Information presented is from current scholarly sources.
A thorough statement of application to improvement of long-term memory is presented. Information presented is from current scholarly sources.
A thorough statement regarding the role of mirror neurons is presented. Information presented is from current scholarly sources.
All required elements are present. Scholarly research sources are topic-related, and obtained from highly respected, professional, original sources.
Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
All format elements are correct.
In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.
NO PLAGIARISIM AND REFERRENCE PAGE
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level writers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written paper