1. Explain the design process and the modern procurement operation of the construction industry.
2. Illustrate constraints and influences on the design of a building project.
3. Identify and describe the methods of procurement, tendering and contracting arrangements and the effects that they have on the preparation of a tender.
4. Outline the project management role of the designer related to various stakeholders involved in construction projects.
5. Demonstrate the development of written, oral and graphical (manual and CAD & IT) communication skills in producing design/ detailing solutions(underlined elements being assessed).
Produce a written A3 report/ portfolio document with a supporting outline design for the noted tasks with an appendix of appropriate supporting A3 portfolio/ study sheets. The content should be fully referenced written work and appendix should clearly record and demonstrate how stakeholders, different types of architectural practice and their set up, various procurement paths, tendering and differing JCT contracts are administered for the successful delivery in the Project Management & Contract Administration of an architectural design commission when implementing the RIBA Plan of Work POW13 from stage 0 to 7.
Carry out the following tasks:
1. Tasks: Stakeholders, Design Team , Types of Architectural Practices and Human & Physical Resources (400 words & Appendix after each section)
1(a) Identify stakeholders and summarise what their roles and responsibilities are in the project management process of a professional commission.
1(b) State the members of a typical architectural Design Team, show how they attain their profession status. Record which professional body they would be registered with. Show what forms of appointment each specialist/ consultant would sign with the client and record the differing professional fees charged by each for scope their services in a an architectural design commission.
1(c) Record the differing modes/ types of professional Architectural practices that are currently used within the construction industry and show typical projects that are undertaken by the differing sized architectural practices. In addition for each case, show how they could be typically setup and record typical human and physical recourses that are used to managed traditional and electronic working practices.
2. Task: Procurement paths, Project Management, Tendering and Contract Administration by the Main Contractor, (400 words& Appendix after each section):
RIBA POW13 supports both Traditional procurement as well as more modern procurements paths of Design & Build, Management Contract paths which are administered through JCT Major Works & JCT Minor Works contracts as well as the more modern JCT Design & Build, JCT Management C forms (This is not an exhaustive list) etc. are typically administered within the construction industry.
2(a) Make a comprehensive list in this area and show typical architectural projects that are built with these procurement and contract paths. Undertake a comparative study of two of these methods (e.g. Traditional v Design & Build) and record what are the differing roles, responsibilities and relationships of the design team and the main contractor.
2(b) Explain the process of single and two staged tendering for appointing a main contractor.
2(c) Show typical documents that are submitted during tendering by the main contractor with associated notes regarding project/ construction/ management and administrative tasks.(written, numeric, tabular, and graphical). Record their range/ scope of services and show typical examples demonstrating their input into a commission).
4. Task: Applying Professional Practice Design Procedures & Procurement methods to produce a Design Brief and Contextual & Site Appraisal activities
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.