In Unit 6 you completed an independent sample t-test analysis and answered the questions for your topic. In this assignment, you are asked to complete a nonparametric independent sample compare means test.
Do the following to complete this assignment:
- Once you have retrieved your data set, go to Analyze, then Nonparametric test, then Independent Samples.
- Conduct a nonparametric, independent sample, compare means analysis.
- Under “Objective,” select “Automatically compare distributions across groups.”
- Under “Fields,” choose:
- The “groups” variable for Exam Anxiety in students will be gender.
- The “groups” variable for Condom Use in adults will be condom use.
- The “test fields” variables for both data sets will be all other scale variables within the dataset, and they will match the compare means questions below.
- For exam anxiety, that means you will look at anxiety, performance, and time spent revising.
- For condom use, that means you will look at relationship safety, self-control, sexual experience, and perceived risk.
- Choose “Run” and it will automatically perform a Mann-Whitney U test.
- Copy and paste the results table into a Word document.
- Write at least two sentences that answer each of your compare means research questions, based on your data analysis.
- Analyze and explain significant findings (significantly greater and lesser means).
- Analyze the hypotheses related to each compare means question. (State the null and alternative hypotheses for each research question, then state whether you reject or fail to reject the null hypotheses based on the findings.)
- How are these findings similar to or different from the independent sample t-test from week 6?
- What do the findings suggest about the data and the research questions?
Here are the compare means questions for each topic:
- Exam Anxiety in Students (Exam Anxiety.sav dataset):
- What is the relationship between gender and exam performance for students?
- What is the relationship between gender and exam anxiety for students?
- What is the relationship between gender and time spent revising and for students?
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!