For the second aesthetic appreciation and expression assignment, you can examine a verbal art form in a language in the Pacific. Examples include:
• song lyrics
• verbal play
These examples include Hawaiian, Pacific creoles, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Chinese, but you can choose any language in the Pacific. Most likely you will find examples of these verbal art forms in any language that is spoken in the Pacific Rim and the Pacific Basin.
Use the template on the next page to write your report:
Aesthetic Appreciation and Expression 2
Part 1: Aesthetic Appreciation
1. Language(s) being examined:
2. Name of verbal art form:
3. Three examples of verbal art form (include the actual words in each example, the sources, which could be a text or audio/ video performance; for each source, include the original version in the source language and an English translation):
4. Description of how the verbal art form works (e.g., rhyming rules):
5. Description of the cultural and social context of the verbal art form (Where is it used? Who use it? How is it viewed by its community? What is its purpose?)
Part 2: Aesthetic Expression
Now it’s your turn to respond to the original verbal art form with your own creation!
Your creation (only one) must follow the rules of the verbal art form and must be a response to one of the examples you selected above. Important: Your creation must be your original work, not a copy of an existing example.
1. Your creation:
2. Description of your creation’s meaning, purpose, and intended use:
3. Discussion of what you learned in this exercise about language and culture in the Pacific:
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written paper