DMM 639 for now Principles of Disaster Exercises and Drills. I will re-upload the three files that contain the syllabus, Weekly DBs, and Organizer of the course.
– I will start with the course description of HLS (taken from the syllabus I’ve sent you): DMM 639
This course will prepare students to develop and implement effective emergency disaster drills and tabletop exercises. It will also encompass the principles of mass casualty triage. The principles of adult learning and educational assessment are also covered.
This course includes an intensive on-campus experience. Offered in Summer only.
*Prerequisite to on-campus week – IS 300
– The required Textbooks for this course (please see the syllabus):
Ciottone, Gregory – Disaster Medicine, Ed 2; (via digital library)
Additional: Handouts as posted
– THE RESOURCES (Reading Assignments) OF THIS WEEK, Wk1: (PLEASE USE SOME OF THEM WHEN DOIN G THE ASSIGNMENT OF THIS WEEK:
DMM Capstone planning document.docx (13.856 KB) (I WILL ATACH IT AS FILE8)
Written Statement of – 10_25_2011_five_years_later_assessment_of_pkemra.pdf (1.124 MB) (I WILL ATTACH IT AS FILE 9)
All readings are from IS-139 unless otherwise noted.
1. Unit 1 – Introduction and Overview of Disaster Exercises and Drills
2. Unit 2 – Comprehensive Exercise Program
3. Unit 3 – The Exercise Process
Finally, two very short but important documents. The PKEMRA discussion can be found in the attached file and PPD-8 is found at the separate link titled PPD-8.
Capstone Document is found in the attached file – Provides guidelines to getting started.
These first IS 139 chapters set the stage for everything we will do this semester. Focus on these basics of exercises and drills. Get confortable with the terminology. Get a sense of what it takes to go from one step (or buiding block) to the next.
PKEMRA is the document that came out of Katrina. Many, many hours went into producing this “lessons learned” document.
Finally, PPD-8 is a critically important document in emergency management. Read it over with an eye towards why the president wrote it and why we spend so much time studying it
– The assignment of this week is to answer questions, as follows:
Alpha Group – Questions 1,3 and 4. Bravo Group – Questions 2,3 and 4.
1. FEMA lists 15 functions in its Emergency Management Exercise Reporting System. FEMA defines a function as “an action or operation required in emergency response or recovery.” Any or all of those may be the primary or secondary focus of an exercise. Here’s where we get to have some fun. Choose one function and notify the class (and me) via email of your choice. Once selected, no one else may choose this function. Describe how your function would be used in a response. Again, feel free to draw from personal experience if you would like. Here is the list:
ESF #1 – Transportation ESF #2 – Communications ESF #3 – Public Works and Engineering
ESF #4 – Firefighting ESF #5 – Emergency Management ESF #6 – Mass Care, Emergency Assistance, Housing, and Human Services
ESF #7 – Logistics Management and Resource Support ESF #8 – Public Health and Medical Services
ESF #9 – Search and Rescue ESF #10 – Oil and Hazardous Materials Response
ESF #11 – Agriculture and Natural Resources ESF #12 – Energy ESF #13 – Public Safety and Security
ESF #14 – Long-Term Community Recovery ESF #15 – External Affairs
2. An exercise program needs to be a comprehensive and progressive exercise. Discuss the elements of the exercise that define “comprehensive” and “progressive.” Hint – Think about the building block concept in exercise development.
3. Envision an imaginary emergency operations plan for a small rural hospital ‘Anywhere General.” As the new disaster planner for AG, you have been asked to review that plan and make recommendations for change. Using the knowledge you gained during Principles and Planning, write a brief (250-500 words) summary of that fictional plan. That summary – which you should address to AG’s Board of Directors and CEO – should include parts of the plan you think are adequate and areas you think should be modified.
4. Tell the class the topic you plan to use for your capstone and post the document Dr. Bail requires for capstone submission. (The document link is posted under Readings). 0 0 0
SO, PLEASE DEAR WRITER ANSWER THESE QUESTION (BUT) BE GUIDED BT THE READING ASSIGNMENTS OF THIS WEEK (AND) MAKE OUR CHOICE FROM THE LIST UP BEFORE ANYBODY DOES SO BEFORE US AND TAKES OUR CHOICE.
(IMPORTANT) NOTE: PLEASE COVER THE QUESTIONS AND THER DETAILS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MISSING ANY PART REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF PAGES.
NOTE: I will upload the CV, which is the 7th file, to do biography as we discussed before AND I will put the number of pages as one page because I don’t know how many pages we need but please cover the assignment regardless of number of pages.
NOTE: I also put the number of references 3, BUT please use the appropriate number you need to do it and concentrate on the reading assignments of this week to be used.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions